“The staff was so helpful and accommodating.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head

Save Saved
You added Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head to your Saves list
Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2885 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly The Lotus at Diamond Head)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%!
Ranked #4 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Southern California
“The staff was so helpful and accommodating.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had been staying on the windward and north shore for most of our trip. We wanted to stay in town beef we headed home. The Aqua Lotus was perfect! The rooms were beautiful, beds amazingly comfortable and the service impeccable! Highly recommend staying at the Aqua Lotus in Waikiki!

• Stayed August 2013
Joshua G, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Aloha love2rv,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. We hope that you will come and visit us again.

509 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Location is only a 10 minute walk from the central Waikiki hub bub. Beach access is almost direct. The hotel provides beach chairs and towels. They're also across the street from a huge park, where they offer free yoga lessons (great for beginners). The nightly *free* wine service featured a two delicious CA wines. The decor is clean and modern, the bed incredibly comfortable, and the views, while not unfettered, were gorgeous. We tried all the vegetarian options at their recently re-opened restaurant, Park, and were very pleased. The service and cocktails were also fantastic. Reception and valet couldn't have been more helpful and nice. Our reservation was a bit complicated - paid for some nights with points and had a package waiting for us - but the front desk had read the file notes and were totally prepared, with no fuss for us to deal with. No pool or fitness center, but with the beach and park jogging trail right there, who needs them? Mahalo for a great experience, Aqua Lotus!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha GABRIELLE M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of some of our complimentary services here at the hotel. I actually spoke to our yoga instructor this weekend and I'm overdue for my appointment. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Chef Collantes and his staff. We are very proud of his work thus far. Please come back and visit us again.

Lake Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Within easy walking distance of Waikiki Beach and Kuhio Beach, and the Kalakaua Ave shopping scene, Aqua Lotus is just far enough away to provide a bit more tranquility. The Lotus sits right on the beach and has a more intimate feel than the large resort hotels on Waikiki. The contemporary and uncluttered look of the lobby and guest room reminded me of the boutique hotels along South Beach...art deco with a touch of polynesia. If that sounds weird, don't fear, it's a cool and appealing combination. Room was spacious, and very comfortable. Staff was pleasant and ready to help. And if you can find a way to snag a short term guest pass to the Outrigger Canoe Club next door, you might choose to spend your entire vacation within a 100 square yard space.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joshua G, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Aloha sccollis,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. If someone told me that I could "spend your entire vacation within a 100 square yard space", I might feel a little claustrophobic, but your review captures the essence of our property. The tranquil and intimate feel of our little boutique hotel is clearly conveyed to our future guests!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is my first review on TripAdvisor.
We arrived on the 8th August 2013 and received an exceptionally warm welcome, check in was smooth and we were advised that we had been upgraded, which was unexpected and appreciated.
Next day we ate breakfast in the restaurant and again we were greeted by Denise bright, friendly and personable who made us feel truly welcome and nothing was a bother.
After reviewing comments about Park restaurant called ahead to make a booking and spoke with Dante, which set the tone for our dining experience. Our meal was divine and the service provided by Miley simply outstanding! Glad to be here for another couple of days!

Room Tip: Any room would be great, you have views of Diamond Head and/ or the Ocean. Quiet location and glad w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joshua G, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Aloha WhiteS142013,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. We are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Denise and Dante. We are very proud of our Food & Beverage options here and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Joshua M.Gray
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Lotus is probably one of the best kept secrets in all of Waikiki. True it is expensive, but hell what hotel in the area is not! I've lived just down the street from The Lotus for a long time and always come here when I have guests in town or have a project going on at my apartment. The staff here are absolutely excellent and very friendly. The rooms are awesome and very comfortable. One of the things I really dislike about the hotel is the lack of continental breakfast, even the crappiest hotels offer this! I guess people prefer to sit around at 2 in a dark lobby on sunny day and sip wine for free.

Also, what's up with the ocean view vs. Diamond Head view? They won't give you a floor above 7 unless you booked an "ocean view" room. Not sure why 7 and above constitute ocean view when the view is absolutely no different!! Overall, a good hotel in probably THE BEST neighborhood on all of O'ahu! Come here if you're looking for an escape from the usual noise and crap in Waikiki.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Aloha seahawksteve,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. I wanted to let you know that we offer Continental Breakfast daily on the second floor of the hotel. The options are limited, but they do provide a healthy start to your day. Regarding your inquiry about diamond head view vs. ocean view, the seventh floor is the half way point of the hotel. The higher floors provide a better view of the ocean. We appreciate your patronage to our property and look forward to seeing you again.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Finally a restaurant that is as cool as the hotel...they got a young chef with 3 star experence in a resturant called Park. Now they got it all? We sat at the bar for dinner and they offered us the wine list they had 25 bottles for $25.00.... Never saw that in a restaurant before

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joshua G, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Aloha Haliipua,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Park Restaurant at Lotus Honolulu. We are thrilled to have Park open and I will share your kind words with Chef Michael Collantes. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the bar for dinner and we are hoping many more will come and experience the 25 Wines for $25. We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Lotus Honolulu
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Lotus Honolulu has earned my 1st Tripadvisor review!!!! I've always read reviews before booking but never took the time to write a review. I guess I’ve never experienced such hotel staff; they go above and beyond to give you the ROYAL TREATMENT… I've never experienced the red carpet before but I’m certain it feels like staying at the Lotus. My 10 day stay was nothing short of spectacular! Upon arrival the staff was warm and welcoming. They greeted me with smiling faces and a water bottle. The hotel is clean, the décor is relaxing, the rooms are clean and spacious and the entire staff is so attentive. The General Manager, Joshua is also attentive…making sure each guest is happy. He even personally signs a thank you letter to each guest…WOW!!! I overheard a conversation with him and a guest who was staying for his 10th wedding anniversary... the restaurant had not reopened yet and the guest wanted to do something special for his wife… a special breakfast in bed… Joshua made it happen! You can’t get this ROYAL TREATMENT at the large hotels and certainly wouldn't see the General Manager taking such care of the guests. As everyone else has stated, the hotel isn't in the middle of the madness… it’s peaceful and relaxing. The walk to the restaurants is a quick one but it’s even quicker if you check out a beach cruiser bike from valet! You really feel spoiled by the staff and the multitude of extras are great… from beach bikes, chairs, water bottles, wine at night in the lobby, yoga in the park, and the Zen feel of the hotel… you won’t want to leave!!! Thank you Joshua and staff for the amazing, unsurpassed ROYAL TREATMENT…. I will certainly return…. you've all earned my review and 5 glowing stars!!!

Room Tip: I peeked in the restaurant and it looked amazing. It hadn't yet opened when I was there. I'v...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha cherokeenative,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. I am pleased that you enjoyed your "Royal" treatment and I will be sure to share your kind words with my staff. I must admit, I do like to personally sign the welcome letters. It is a small gesture to let each guest know that we are thankful for them choosing our hotel over the many other options. My staff and I look forward to your return.

jgray@lotushawaii.com

Been to Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head? Share your experiences!