I stayed at Lotus for one night on a Friday night with my Shiba dog due to having the house fumigated. Most everything is as noted in other reviews:
* no on-property restaurant
* only one elevator
* 12 floors with 5 (??) rooms per floor
* small in-room refrigerator
* flat screen HDTV
* cork puller and ice bucket in room
* alarm clock / player with iPod dock.
* location near urban core of Waikiki, but not in it
* wonderful staff
* nice, quiet location adjacent Kapiolani Park
* in-room hardwood floors that seemed rather strange at first
* shower (no soaking bath)
* complimentary wi-fi
* complimentary coffee & tea service in lobby (morning)
* complimentary wine service in lobby (evening)
* beach chairs & towels available for guest use
* cruiser bicycles available for guest use
* valet only parking
* calming 'zen-like' theme throughout hotel
What made this place a great choice for me was that it was pet friendly (I needed a place to stay with my dog) and because it's not in the urban core of Waikiki. The general ambience of the place is more like that of properties in Kaanapali, Maui; as opposed to typical urban core Waikiki hotels.
I think this is a special preference type hotel; not for people with 'big box' hotel (Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt) expectations who need all the associated on-property restaurants, bars, pools, nightclubs, etc.