I got this tip from a family friend, that the Aqua Lotus was the place to stay. I will be back: it's out of the wildness of Waikiki with perfect views of Diamond Head and across from the enormous Kapiolani Park. I could easily get to the fun on the famous beach, but I wasn't in the swirl, a perfect fit for me. The small property was excellent, although they do need to fix the bearings on the elevator door -- it grinds like mad with every open and close and can be heard in the quiet. Rooms were very nice, and it was just right for me.
The lobby had a big carafe of icewater with mint or fruit in it in the afternoon, and the rooms had very sophisticated espresso machines, although the instructions were kind of hard to understand and in general those "pod" machines make awesome coffee but lots of waste, so it's a luxury but a bit too much. (I liked it but wouldn't own one.) The lobby also had lovely koa panels and tasteful decor, and was very small so it felt like a living room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, formerly W Honolulu, is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee guests will enjoy WiFi Internet access, in room safe, complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby, daily wine service in lobby, valet and concierge services, banquet/meeting facilities, beach butler service, complimentary bicycles and complimentary use of beach towels & chairs for Waikiki, which is just steps to Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii