My husband and I loved the location of this hotel. Nestled on the Diamond Head side of Waikiki, it's far from the crowds of tourists. We woke up to a beautiful view of the mountain and a semi-obstructed (1 hotel) view of the ocean. There is a nice walkway along the beach that takes you to the more busy part of Waikiki (about 15-20 minutes).
The hotel staff were friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. The valet made some great suggestions about local restaurants.
There was no pool, but I enjoyed the short walk to the beach. It was pretty secluded when I went.
I must say that the hotel buidling was disappointing. The lobby and elevator were in need of some sprucing up. The hotel website photos were outdated. The room, while clean and spacious, had several issues. There were stains on the ceilings, smudges on the bathroom counters, and the sliding wooden door to the lanai would not budge. We had to call the front desk twice (sliding door which required a crowbar to move and missing tv remote control). The room safe appeared to be very insecure. It was on a pedastal which was wobbly. The room also smelled somewhat musty. It was nice, though, to have the double lanais to air out the space.
I booked the room through Jetsetter. Had I read a more honest review, I would have booked elsewhere. Overall, this hotel was adequate.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Aqua Lotus Honolulu, formerly W Honolulu, is a fusion of Asian inspired décor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the ocean. Amenities include in-room Internet & WiFi Internet access, safe, complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby, daily wine service in lobby, valet and concierge services, banquet/meeting facilities, beach butler service, complimentary bicycles and complimentary use of beach items such as chairs, umbrellas and mats for the beach just steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Jetsetter, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Venere, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.