I've stayed at the Lotus 2x (2011 and 2012) and love that it is in the quiet/peaceful "end" of Waikiki across of Kapiolani Park/Diamond Head, which in my opinion the best place to stay in Waikiki. The rooms are lovely, spacious and comfortable with a mini fridge discreetly tucked away below the t.v. in a cabinet. Bathrooms are also spacious. House-keeping is good. Although we had an "ocean view" two times, it was a brief expanse of the Pacific glimpsed through tall buildings. There is a "lack of privacy" as folks from nearby buildings can easily see into your room. The first time I stayed at the hotel there was a roof-top party with a blaring bass that went on past 9pm. While management was sympathetic, they made it clear that the party was "within" their rights to carry-on into the evening. The very comfortable bed and high count sheets were fabulous. The second time I stayed at the hotel the bed was saggy, and it wasn't possible to switch rooms which made for a sore back. I would stay at the Lotus again because of the fantastic location, the quiet "local" neighborhood and easy access to local eateries and shopping on foot. San Souci beach is a short walk away. Way less crowded, if you're game to walk further is Diamond Head Beach. FYI you can park across the street in metered public parking (free at night) to save the cost of hotel parking. However, be sure to plug your meter in the morning or find other free street parking. If you want to stay in Waikiki and have a "local experience" you will LOVE the Lotus. This is the perfect place for solo travel, a couples retreat or friend's get-away. You will immediately feel at peace and at home on this property. Diamond Head, otherwise known as Mauna Leahi is a wahi pana or sacred and storied place for Hawaiians. Being so close in proximity to the Lotus, I always feel the mana or sacred energy of Mauna Leahi can be felt on-site. I grew up on Oahu and have always loved this section of Waikiki. The only reason why the Lotus did not receive 5 stars was because of the "noisy party" and "saggy bed" situations. I travel for a living and need to receive a sound sleep for early mornings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, formerly W Honolulu, is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee guests will enjoy WiFi Internet access, in room safe, complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby, daily wine service in lobby, valet and concierge services, banquet/meeting facilities, beach butler service, complimentary bicycles and complimentary use of beach towels & chairs for Waikiki, which is just steps to Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Prestigia, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii