This was our second stay at this hotel. Previously a W, we enjoyed our room and found it to be in a great location. On our recent stay, we found the Lotus to be as equally as accommodating and the staff even friendlier! Check-in was quick. The valet service is so convenient and fast as well. Being a smaller hotel, you don't get the crowds of people.
The hotel has no real amenities to speak of, no pool or restaurant. However, an awesome beach is steps away and two good restaurants are next door, Hau Tree Lanai in the New Otani hotel and Michel's in the Colony Surf. Michel's serves classic French and has a great view (more on the expensive side). Hau Tree Lanai is more casual, fusion flavors.
We were fortunate enough to stay in The Diamond Head Suite, the penthouse. It's amazing!
If you would like to be near Waikiki and still go shopping, people watch, have choices of restaurants, but sleep a little farther away from the crowds, this location can't be beat. I would recommend this location to anyone who is looking for that mix in Waikiki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, formerly W Honolulu, is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee guests will enjoy WiFi Internet access, in room safe, complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby, daily wine service in lobby, valet and concierge services, banquet/meeting facilities, beach butler service, complimentary bicycles and complimentary use of beach towels & chairs for Waikiki, which is just steps to Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii