First, the hotel doesn't have a pool, beach, nor ocean views. If those are deal-breakers then you may want to stay elsewhere but you would be missing out on a gem.
The Aqua Lotus does have a friendly welcoming staff (valet, front desk, housekeeping, managers), nice Diamond Head views, a location directly across from beautiful Kapiolani Park, good-sized clean contemporary rooms, and it is removed from the crazy madness of the heart of Waikiki (a ten minute walk along the beach). It is about 200 feet from Sans Souci Beach - a really nice swimming beach at the edge of Waikiki. It does offer beach cruiser bikes to explore the local area as well as beach mats and towels for guest use. A unique historic district of older homes and cottages are just steps away at the base of Diamond Head and a good long walk brings you up to the Diamond Head overlook. Access in and out to the rest of Honolulu is easy and you can skirt the traffic on Kalakaua in Waikiki.
Improvements would be an extra elevator (only one) and a full service restaurant - it has a restaurant space that serves breakfast overlooking the park (nice) but it isn't fully operational yet.
I definitely will return here on future trips to Honolulu. I've stayed at the Halekulani (5 star, $$$$$) and the Waikiki Parc (meh...) and I prefer the location of the Aqua Lotus despite its lack of beach & pool. Go figure...
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Aqua Lotus Honolulu, formerly W Honolulu, is a fusion of Asian inspired décor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the ocean. Amenities include in-room Internet & WiFi Internet access, safe, complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby, daily wine service in lobby, valet and concierge services, banquet/meeting facilities, beach butler service, complimentary bicycles and complimentary use of beach items such as chairs, umbrellas and mats for the beach just steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Lotus Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.