My husband and I have been visiting Waikiki at least every other year since 1986, have stayed at any number of hotels (including the Hyatt Regency Club on a first-class vacation in 1993) and by far the Aqua Lotus is the best! I won't tell you which room we had (want to keep it a secret to insure its availability for future visits!) but the views of both Diamond Head and the ocean were absolutely gorgeous, and the quiet (even on the lanai) was very welcome from the usual bus and early morning garbage truck noise of everywhere else we have ever stayed in Waikiki proper. The 15-minute walk to the restaurants, shopping, and hustle and bustle of Waikiki is no big deal, and the Gold Coast and San Souci / Queen's Surf end of Waikiki is our favorite end of the beach, anyway. Be warned that there is no swimming pool, but why have a pool when the ocean is only steps away? The room (and lobby) was beautifully decorated in a Balinese theme and properly maintained, service and evening turndown were excellent, and the happy hour wine service in the lobby is a big plus! We can't wait for our next visit when the Lotus restaurant will be open, as we may never want to go far away from the Lotus, except to the beach! Which reminds me, we love how the Lotus provides so many amenities that are complimentary, including not only the happy hour wine service, but free WiFi Internet access, beach chairs and towels, cruiser bicycles, and even the in-room safe. It is so nice to find a boutique hotel with both reasonable rates and no "nickle-and-dime" amenities. With only 50 rooms, never is there a crowded or competitive feel to obtaining services or accessing the hotel elevator. An aloha spirit prevails, not only among hotel staff, but also among the guests, who during our stay all seemed like family. Special kudos to Dante at the front desk! We definitely will be staying at the Lotus on future visits, in fact, where else would we want to stay after this wonderful experience?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, formerly W Honolulu, is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee guests will enjoy WiFi Internet access, in room safe, complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby, daily wine service in lobby, valet and concierge services, banquet/meeting facilities, beach butler service, complimentary bicycles and complimentary use of beach towels & chairs for Waikiki, which is just steps to Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii