We're regular visitors to Hawaii and like to use Waikiki as our headquarters, and then head out all over the island from there. We normally stay in larger hotels on Waikiki, but wanted to have a "quieter" experience with our two teenage children this trip. Aqua Lotus hotel is across the street from Kapiolani Park. The view from our balcony was Diamond Head/Kapiolani Park on the left and partial ocean view on the right. Gorgeous.
Hotel staff was wonderful with all our needs. Cette and Bill were especially helpful with tourist tips, getting our car, avoiding traffic snarls, etc. Always a friendly face and kind.
We loved having the bikes available to cruise along Kapiolani Park and on down Ala Wai Canal. Free towels and beach chairs were fantastic also. We never felt nickled and dimed as we have been with other resorts. This boutique hotel did not have a restaurant as it is apparently on hold with refurbishing; however, we walked to the hotel behind us and ate breakfast at the Hau Tree Lanie restaurant on the beach at the New Otani Hotel. Gorgeous under the old Hau trees which legend has it, author Robert Louis Stevenson wrote nad reflected.
Rooms were clean, comfortable...fantastic shower head, and nice balconies. The hotel was almost completely booked, but we did not hear loud bangings above or below us...not sure if building or if just polite neighbors. The "disco elevator" was a big hit with my teenagers. Balinese, quiet/meditative style in lobby, but once you entered the elevator, club music was going away. Was a constant source of laughter and conversation with other guests. We took advantage of the courtesy wine happy hour a few times in the lobby, and took up a glass to our balcony and enjoyed the view.
A convenience store was out and across the parking lot in a building suite for bananas, bread, drinks...or other food items for mini fridge.
As we pretty much spend most of our time on the Eastern side of island from the Pali over, this is a fantastic location for all the beaches, hikes, food and haunts we enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, formerly W Honolulu, is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee guests will enjoy WiFi Internet access, in room safe, complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby, daily wine service in lobby, valet and concierge services, banquet/meeting facilities, beach butler service, complimentary bicycles and complimentary use of beach towels & chairs for Waikiki, which is just steps to Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Prestigia, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii