“Hilton Double Tree Waikiki” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1956 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-1897   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$169 (USD)
Ranked #47 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Agana Heights, Guam
“Hilton Double Tree Waikiki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was very comfortable with a large king size bed. However, the bathroom was rather small with no room for personal amenities. The area of the hotel is quiet and in a great location. The valet service for parking was excellent and the staff was extremely friendly. The cookies were great and served warm. Perfect for a late night snack.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AlanaGuestServices, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Aloha Thomas C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience! The best part of working here is definitely our friendly team members and I am so glad you were able to experience their 'Aloha Spirit'. We do have a variety of room options with some larger bathroom options...our knowledgeable front office team will be sure to share them with you when you visit us next.

Mahalo (thank you) again and we hope to see you soon!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree Alana Waikiki Hotel for 9 days in May.

Location: Great location but not directly on the beach. A short walk will get you to many excellent beaches, but if you MUST have a room overlooking a beach or water, this is NOT your hotel. Otherwise, very centrally located with plenty to do nearby and an easy stroll to all the best that Waikiki has to offer. (side note: this review is about the hotel, not really about Waikiki but I will say that if you want a non-touristy location on Oahu, you should probably avoid Waikiki)

Staff: The staff is extremely nice and very accommodating. You really couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people. 5 stars to the staff--desk clerks, maintenance, bar, management and housekeeping. They really do a great job. They are a credit to the Hilton chain.

Rooms: The rooms are nice and about average size. Nice bathroom, always clean. No complaints whatsoever.

Amenities: We never used the pool but we did use the gym. Again, no complaints.

Restaurant: We did make it to the bar a few times and had appetizers that were good. The bartenders were all nice and helpful.

Considering the price differential between the big beach hotels and the Doubletree, I'd say it was more than worth it to stay here. Again, if you MUST be on the beach, you'll need to look elsewhere as this hotel is a few blocks from the beach. But considering the Hilton will cost you easily twice as much per night then it would all be a matter of what you're willing to pay.

If I have to go to Waikiki again, I'll probably stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Aloha Buttsman,

Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) for your review! We are truly appreciative that you chose to stay with us and saw the value in our property. The warmth of our team members really make the difference and I am glady you had the chance to meet them in each area of our property. We do hope you decide to join us again soon!

Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hotel was renovated in the last year or so and is starting to get worn again.

The reception staff are wonderful and breakfast is actually very good.
Located across a park from the Hilton Hawaiian Village on the edge of the Waikiki. It is a 5 minute walk to the beach, which didn't matter to me because I was working.

Good, decent business hotel.

Value is only three stars, because I feel that Honolulu hotels are very expensive for what they are.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AlanaGuestServices, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Aloha Anthony R,

Your response is very much appreciated! We have numerous business travelers that select to stay with us time and time again. We are dedicated to maintaining our very modern renovations by performing regular maintenance checks and upgrading our hotel regularly. You may notice our new pool furniture should you elect to stay with us again. We now have dark chocolate brown lounge chairs as well as bright green outdoor couches! They're very modern yet classy.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Colorado Springs, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Staff made all the difference, but would recommend taking pictures of the car sides before turning over to valets and then comparing everyday you picked up the car and making sure that the sliding door did not bleed air, because it makes the room noisy and warm. The staff kept resetting the AC everyday, so the room was always a little too warm upon return everyday.

Aloha Jules G,

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you connected with our staff. They are truly a joy to work with and I am personally proud to be part of this team. Our housekeeping team was notified about the a/c resetting and we have made sure our team understands to keep the temperature the same each day.

Mahalo (thank you) again for your kind review and we hope to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel was great aside from the fact that I had a pair of expensive sunglasses stolen from my room. The beds and room were very comfortable and the front staff were very friendly. The view I had though from my window was not the greatest as all I could see were roof tops and car garages.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AlanaGuestServices, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Aloha!

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all feedback and truly appreciate yours. We are aware of this situation - I believe our security officer spoke with you while you waited for your taxi as you reported the missing sunglasses upon checkout. We attempted to reach out to you after your departure, but only have a Japan number on file. We would love to resolve this for you! Please contact us at (808) 941-7275 and ask for our Director of Security. He is hoping to hear from you!

Waialua, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The young waiter who served us dinner found my expensive sweater on the back of my chair in the restaurant and delivered it to my room! I was very grateful that he went through the trouble of finding out my room # since we did not charge the dinner to our room. I might have driven all the way home the following day without realizing that I forgot the sweater.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha Elaine H,

"Mahalo" for your kind review! I often receive compliment from guests dining in our restaurant in regards to the personalized and warm service of our guests. We truly care about our guests and this instance was an example of the Aloha our guests can expect when visiting our property.

We do hope you visit us again and thank you again for your review!

Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I should preface this by saying I am a Hilton diamond member (I spend over 60 nights/ year at Hilton brands) and have stayed at many similar properties. This is probably one of the few Hilton properties I wouldn't go back to, for two reasons.
1. The air conditioning didn't work consistently. The AC would somehow periodically reset itself to a higher temperature throughout my stay. i.e., I would go to bed with the temp at 68 and awake a few hours later with the room at 74. This meant I kept having to get up in the middle of the night and set the thermostat back to 68. I called the front desk to see if they could fix it. They sent a manager up who did an override to let my thermostat go down to 62; he said it would last for 3 days. During the second night at that setting, however, I woke up with the temperature back in the mid-high 70's and had to reset the temp back to 62. This was really disruptive to my sleep cycle. I travel Hilton for business, and the poor quality of sleep was a definite deal-breaker.
2. The hotel restaurant was seriously understaffed. I ate a few breakfasts and dinners here. At one point in time the continental breakfast, which is mostly cereal and fruit, was out of bowls (they told me they were washing them but it would be a 10 minute wait). On another occasion they were out of cereal. The buffet always looked destroyed. The staff was running around trying to keep up, but with so few staff, they could only do so much. The same thing could be said for dinner. I waited over 20 minutes for my waiter to even notice I needed a check because that single waiter was working the whole dinning room.

Aloha Meghan S,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience. We sincerely apologize for not providing the level of service you deserved during your recent stay. We will work to improve on the areas you suggested in your review. Our team here continuously strives to improve all areas of customer service and your review and we take all concerns very seriously. We hope you can give us another chance to show our improvement.

Director of Sales

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki? Share your experiences!