My wife and I have visited the Halekulani a number of times in the past few years. We have always thought that it was the best hotel in Waikiki. Not so much any more. Maybe it was the time of year (October) but it was just too busy and it seemed that the staff was overwhelmed. We counted 10 weddings over the weekend.
Upon check in we arrived at 1:30 and they told us our room was not ready yet and that they would call our cell when the room was ready. We said fine and proceeded to change into our swim suits which we had packed in our carry on knowing this may happen. We had to change in a poolside bathroom, they did not even offer us a place to change. We sat by the pool and never received a call. At 4PM I decided to check on our room. They said Oh yes, oops, they forgot to call. In my opinion when you are paying a premium rate for a hotel you should at least get the room on time.
We got to our room and the view was great but the room seemed tired and dirty.
The bedspread had stains on it as well as the rug.
I will say that even being as overwhelmed as they were the service, besides the front desk, was great. Very professional and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu