We were disappointed during our 3 day stay. The hotel is living off its reputation of old.We should have realized things had changed when we saw the receptionists dressed in sterile office garb. Where's the aloha spirit? Room was medium-sized, average appointment, light on communication and electronic connections, missing curtains for privacy (looks right on to other balconies). The shower knobs are too high-tech, we miss the simplicity of the good ole off and on knob. However, there are lots of little pluses, like shoe buffers and lots of hangers and cosmetic goodies. No ironing board. I guess the bottom line is that it's overpriced because of its location. At $32 a person for the breakfast buffet, we were surprised that the selections were not larger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Escapio, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu