The Halekulani is a very calm place to stay in the middle of busy Waikiki. From our room we could see and hear the hula show at House Without a Key. Sitting on the balcony, enjoying a mai tai, and listening to the music was a really fantastic way to end each day. The room that we had was large enough and had good living space and closet space.
We were out exploring and sailing during the days, but I spent many mornings watching the sunrise and drinking cups of the Halekulani's very good, complimentary Kona coffee. The hotel's beach area is small, but also uncrowded in comparison to the neighboring Sheraton. Most hotel guests seem to use the pool and there are plenty of lounge chairs and tables surrounding it. Service was attentive by the pool for food and drinks. There are no chairs on the beach.
La Mer is a wonderful restaurant and the setting could not be better. Our table was next to an open window looking over the ocean and hula show. The food and cocktails were very good. Orchids is a good dining option with nice ocean views. Roy's is across the street from the hotel and is also a fine choice.
If you are in Honolulu for any period of time, I don't believe there is a better place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.