There is not a lot more that I think I can add to other people's reviews about this chic hotel. If you want a relatively 'low key' experience of Waikiki, look no further than the Halekalani. It's the sort of hotel that makes you feel really well looked after and a little bit away from the touristy aspects of Waikiki. The staff were fantastic in attending to our needs while we stayed here. In fact, one example of this was when my partner left his 'dream' wish to drive a convertible along the coast, to the last minute, and the night before we were to take this drive, he decided to rent a Mustang. Googling the rental places, my partner could find nothing left to rent for the next day, he then decided to ring concierge. This was about 6 p.m. Unfortunately at such late notice they said, they could only offer him his second choice of favorite cars, a big jeep rental. He was happy enough. The next morning,on going down to concierge to sign the insurance papers and pick up the car, the lovely woman Wendy?, I think her name was, said many apologies gentlemen, there has been a mix up, the Jeep's not here, but here are the keys to your white mustang (M's favourite colour). He and I couldn't have been more thrilled! The concierge had remembered what car M really had wanted, and managed somehow to get it for him. It was really wonderful service, above and beyond.. Special mention for hospitality also has to go to Casey, who worked poolside, who was super friendly and attentive, as well as all the staff at Le Mer. Actually, the experience of Le Mer was one of the best dining experiences of my life. It was incredibly beautiful there, at the best table of the restaurant, with the tropical rain coming down, and the palm trees silhouetted on the beach, it felt like I was in some kind of magical dream. ( And to think, after reading too many of the reviews on Trip Advisor, I nearly cancelled my reservation here).
I actually loved the tiny beach out the front of the hotel and thought the pool and surrounding area wonderful for lying around and relaxing.
To sum up, and quote a Honolulu taxi driver, this hotel, situated alongside the many other hotels that board the hordes of tourists that come to Waikiki every year, is a diamond in the rough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu