“Amazing, Best Hotel I have been to in Years!!!Thank you Halekulani” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Halekulani Hotel

You added Halekulani Hotel to your Saves list
Halekulani Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2199 Kalia Road, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing, Best Hotel I have been to in Years!!!Thank you Halekulani”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I want to state that staying in Nice Hotels is One of my Hobbies. I am currently going through a major custody battle and it has been a very hard time for me. I have lived in hotels for the last couple of months and am extremely disappointed in how I have been treated especially with the amount of money I have spent. After being at several hotels I found the Halekulani to be a breath of fresh air. The staff and management went out of there way to accommodate my needs and even found a room for me when the hotel was at full capacity. I want to thank this hotel and there staff for the incredible accommodations and for working so hard to make my stay enjoyable. I would go back there at any time and see why they have five stars all around. The hotel is a little pricey but you get what you pay for. Thank you Halekulani!!!
Annie Stirling

Room Tip: Make sure you book way ahead of time as I know this hotel fills up very fast. It is also recommende...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

It was a joy to stay at the Halekulani for three nights. We stayed there as part of our honeymoon. The rooms were the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in and were maintained to the highest level.
The staff were very pleasant and polite, any request that was made was efficiently returned with the desired results. It was also nice to have some sort of dress code after dark, as this is lacking in most resorts these days.
The rooms are a little small, so don’t be shocked that they are smaller than the average room these days. We got upgraded to a Diamond Head room as we booked with Amex. I was expecting a better room, because of the large nightly fee paid, but all in all it was a nice way to start out honeymoon.
All of the restaurants are of great quality. Try to have breakfast at both restaurants.

Room Tip: Book wil Amex for an Upgrade
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is the ONLY place to stay in Hawaii if you value good 5 star accommodation. Recently refurbished, the hotel exudes class in every way. I always enjoyed returning to my hotel after days out touring. The hotel and its position is like a calm oasis that allows you to escape the noise and chaos of Waikiki whilst still being the action. Wonderful service where nothing is a problem, I will be booking my next vacation at Halekulani should I ever visit Hawaii again. Simple stunning.

• Stayed March 2013
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed at this five star hotel for six nights. Years ago it catered to those who wanted to experience the best that Honolulu had to offer. Now, seems to be filled with those who can just pay the prices. Very little discrimination. Witnessed a group of young Japanese berate a staff member. We later spoke to the manager on duty defending the staff. Very sad to see some guests who leave their rooms at 7 am to place towels everyday at the exact same spot around the pool. No class; or, if any, third. Food was excellent in the dining room; jackets are required even for lunch. The more informal restaurants are good too. The pool attendants are professional; the general manager was very accommodating for special request that we made. All staff are very deferential, which in the case mentioned above, was disappointing. This "Gateway Befitting Heaven" has slipped over the years. Now catering to nouveaux riche. Those who understand who they are would do better at the Ala Moana.

Room Tip: Ask what parts of the hotel are undergoing renovation. They are renovating a wing at a time.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a joy it was to stay at the Halekulani! This was our first trip to Hawaii and we did a lot of research about where to stay but this hotel far exceeded our expectations. We felt so special here and the warmth from staff at all levels was genuine.

We booked through Amex and on arrival we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room which was just beautiful. The outlook owas over both the pool area and out to the ocean. As preferred we were given our two double beds and there was ample space in the closet for two people. Decor is fresh, bright and simple. It was a pleasure to be in the room.

The ambience of the grounds and the pool area are so peaceful and serene but also luxurious and glamorous. The pool is lit up beautifully at night and we very much enjoyed the bands that played in the House with a Key. Service by the pool was outstanding. We were not left long to wait for drinks or food. Eric the waiter was very charming and helpful!

Breakfast was included in our room rate which is good value. The omlette stand was a highlight. It was so gorgeous sitting out in the sunshine looking at Diamond Head to start the day.

We dined at all three resturants: House without a Key (great for casual fare and sunset cocktails) - best MAI TAIs in Hawaii and we tried all of them; Orchids was a nice choice - I enjoyed a nice steak there and tried the famous coconut cake dessert (very light and delicious); La Mer was outstanding in terms of ambience and food. We tried the tasting menu which was subtle and delicious. My fish was so fresh and delcious. The souffle dessert was out of this world! The resteraunt looks over the ocean and the atmosphere is very romantic. Great for a special occasion!

On Wednesday nights guests are invited for cocktails and canapes on the the Hau Terrace. Gorgeous view and a lovely atmosphere - don't miss this.

The spa was probably the best experience I've ever had at a spa anywhere. My friend and I had a massage together and everything was in sync. The foot massage ritual was a nice start and the massage itself was very good. The little orchid placed under the massage table meant you had something nice to look at which was a great touch. Afterwards you can relax on the lanai and the little mochi they brought us with our tea were delicious!

We also had our hair done afterwards which was great. The ladies there were so funny and friendly. Really appreciated having the hair salon on hand!

Service as a general thing was just incredible - nothing was too much trouble! The little gifts left in the room, the way the door staff remembered us and help us with our copious shopping bags, organsing a private island tour with a great driver.

The hotel is a little further away from the main shopping area but you can walk there. We tended to take taxis which we always got straight away.

I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room which was just lovely - the lanais are large enought t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We recently stayed at the Halekulani in HI. The room and view were wonderful and luxurious. The staff at the hotel were incredibly attentive and very gracious. We lost a button on a garment and they provided 4 different colored buttons for us to use! That was incredible. The facilities were top notch and the location is excellent with incredible views of Diamond Head! We truly could not have asked for a better stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a Diamond Head Ocean View on a higher floor! It is wonderful....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We just got home after our trip to Oahu. Our last couple of nights we treated ourselves to staying at the Halekulani. I did a lot of research before we booked and all of the great reviews didn't even come close to preparing us for our amazing few days there! Everything was first class and luxurious right down to the little things. Frank Hernandez, our concierge helped us out getting a reservation at a restaurant that we couldn't get into. Laying by the pool was one of the most pampered experiences ever. From the person who set up your lounge chair with a cover and towels, to someone handing out cut pineapple and coconut ice creams, to being served iced water and of course ordering those fabulous cocktails. Our room was sensational, with every luxury that you have seen. We order breakfast room service one morning and the guy delivering it happily set us up on our balcony table and then made sure we got a great photo out there. I could go on and on. I've stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels but none have made me feel as special as the Halekulani!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Halekulani Hotel? Share your experiences!