What a joy it was to stay at the Halekulani! This was our first trip to Hawaii and we did a lot of research about where to stay but this hotel far exceeded our expectations. We felt so special here and the warmth from staff at all levels was genuine.
We booked through Amex and on arrival we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room which was just beautiful. The outlook owas over both the pool area and out to the ocean. As preferred we were given our two double beds and there was ample space in the closet for two people. Decor is fresh, bright and simple. It was a pleasure to be in the room.
The ambience of the grounds and the pool area are so peaceful and serene but also luxurious and glamorous. The pool is lit up beautifully at night and we very much enjoyed the bands that played in the House with a Key. Service by the pool was outstanding. We were not left long to wait for drinks or food. Eric the waiter was very charming and helpful!
Breakfast was included in our room rate which is good value. The omlette stand was a highlight. It was so gorgeous sitting out in the sunshine looking at Diamond Head to start the day.
We dined at all three resturants: House without a Key (great for casual fare and sunset cocktails) - best MAI TAIs in Hawaii and we tried all of them; Orchids was a nice choice - I enjoyed a nice steak there and tried the famous coconut cake dessert (very light and delicious); La Mer was outstanding in terms of ambience and food. We tried the tasting menu which was subtle and delicious. My fish was so fresh and delcious. The souffle dessert was out of this world! The resteraunt looks over the ocean and the atmosphere is very romantic. Great for a special occasion!
On Wednesday nights guests are invited for cocktails and canapes on the the Hau Terrace. Gorgeous view and a lovely atmosphere - don't miss this.
The spa was probably the best experience I've ever had at a spa anywhere. My friend and I had a massage together and everything was in sync. The foot massage ritual was a nice start and the massage itself was very good. The little orchid placed under the massage table meant you had something nice to look at which was a great touch. Afterwards you can relax on the lanai and the little mochi they brought us with our tea were delicious!
We also had our hair done afterwards which was great. The ladies there were so funny and friendly. Really appreciated having the hair salon on hand!
Service as a general thing was just incredible - nothing was too much trouble! The little gifts left in the room, the way the door staff remembered us and help us with our copious shopping bags, organsing a private island tour with a great driver.
The hotel is a little further away from the main shopping area but you can walk there. We tended to take taxis which we always got straight away.
I can't wait to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.