“Impeccable Service, World-Class Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2199 Kalia Road, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
New York City, New York
“Impeccable Service, World-Class Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

From the moment you step inside Halekulani, you are whisked away into surroundings where you are coddled, pampered, and every concern is addressed beyond your expectations. Every effort is made to make you feel special during your stay, from the welcome package of chocolates and fruits, to the meticulous housekeeping service, to the attentive reception/concierge staff who address you by name. The hotel, right on Waikiki Beach, is top-notch. Nothing short of perfection, please do yourself a favor during your vacation and stay here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is the ultimate. The surrounds and hotel itself are absolutely beautiful, that goes without saying, but it is the staff who really make this place. They treated us like royalty and I can't speak highly enough of the whole experience. Spending a week at the Halekulani to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary exceeded our expectations on every level. From breakfast at Orchids, drinks at House Without a Key, to dinner at La Mer followed by a nightcap at Lewers Lounge, it was perfection. We would go again in a heartbeat. 60th birthday, here we come!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Beachfront Room with Diamond Head view - the view is gorgeous.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our one week stay at the Halekulani earlier this month was a wonderful experience. Having stayed in many hotels around the world we feel that this hotel is certainly one of the best if not the best.
Our time at Halekulani was magical, all of the staff we encounted during our stay could not have been more helpful, whether room service, housekeeping, concierge, valet, reception or restaurants, we were always greeted in a most friendly way and quite often by name as well.
Our room was fabulous, very roomy, comfortable bed, excellent bathroom and what a view!!
Our room was on the 17th floor looking towards Diamond Head, absolutely marvellous.
We ate in both House without a key and Orchids, food and service in both excellent.
The large swimming pool and sun lounge area's are just great and pool attendants very efficient and friendly. We strongly recommend this hotel which has a wonderful open feel to it and everything very well appointed.

Room Tip: Choose a room with ocean view, Diamond Head view is fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rancho Santa Fe, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

As the name implies, this hotel is THE place to stay on Waikiki. Valets such as Curtis miraculously ensure bags are delivered to your room at the same time you do. Check-in is done in the room. What a civilized way to welcome guests. We were helped with some of the friendliest servers at House Without a Key. We got to know Cindy who actually brought us home grown mangoes to share. The property is low-key and not over the top. A semi-private part of the beach offers guests with a bit of privacy. Service at the pool is FANTASTIC and bar-none. In my opinion, service at this hotel is the golden standard for ALL properties claiming to be "resorts". Oh, and they have a fantastic manager's reception each Wednesday night to welcome all guests in their ballroom over looking the ocean with small snacks and drinks. It's a great way to get to know the staff. Definitely heaven on earth.

Mark Miyashiro is

Room Tip: Any ocean view room category and up is great. Stay in the main lobby building, if possible. This m...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on first leg of my wife and I's 5th aniversary trip. Booked through Amex Fine Hotels. Our travel agent made a point to tell the properties that we are staying at that it was a special trip. I was hoping they would make some nice gesture for my wife during our stay.

Check in was boring and clumsy. No lei, no flower for my wife, no glass of juice or champagne. Just directed to front desk. Escorted up to room by front desk girl to a room with two double beds pushed together. Told her we had a king guarantee. Sat in room for ten minutes waiting for her to get an answer and finally I told her we would go down to House Without a Key for a drink and she could come see me when room issue figured out. No effort to buy our drinks. Eventually assigned a king.

Room small but nicely furnished. Bathroom nice but shower too small for a grown man. Nice lanai. No mini bar but bottled water in room. Canned check in amenity of wrapped fruit and some chocolates. Underwhelmed for $600 plus a night.

One big plus was conceirge. They were great. Arranged a rental car that was delivered to hotel. Helped with dinner, transports. 5 stars for their effort

Dinner at Orchids very nice. After my wife and I had dessert and coffee the manager brought by a piece of cocoanut cake for our anniversary. We thanked him and told him we just finished dessert and he put it in a bag for us.

Drinks and music at Room w/out was great. Band is a father and two of his grown daughters and they were great. Alot of fun.

I had drinks at this place 10 years ago before I could afford it. Now that I can, I am not sure I would do it again. Especially since the public can come listen to the music. I think I will do the Trump next time or skip Waikiki altogether.

Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our annual family vacation this year and the experience did not disappoint! With easy access to the beach, wonderful service, great food and spotless rooms, this was a hotel to remember.

Stayed March 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Halekulani for 8 nights. Lots of good things about the hotel: the service is excellent, particularly the concierge; our ocean view room was great, beautifully appointed with awesome views and in great condition; breakfast at House Without A Key was exceptional, a really good buffet in a nice location; awesome location right on the beach and close to town. All of these were promised and delivered, as they should be for the price.
The hotel is largely occupied by Japanese getting married, I must have seen 7 brides a day, they are beautiful and very nice people and, older rich people. I say this because it is not a particularly lively hotel or one for families, nor does it pretend to be. The pool is an old, but beautifully maintained small oval one, with no swim up bar it does however, have great service. I have four teenage children and I would not bring them here, it is not a hotel for families.
The hotel has three restaurants. The middle one is Orchids, I was dismayed to find that whilst on holiday I must wear long pants, not interested. Further if you choose to have breakfast there, which you can, you have a budget of $31 a head, that should be plenty but it's not when juice is $8 and I got charged $15 for a triple espresso. That said, the other buffet for breakfast is excellent.
In summary, this is a beautiful hotel, with exceptional service at a very steep price. It is perfect for some however, I won't be returning.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Halekulani Hotel? Share your experiences!