“Amazing Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
San Diego, California
“Amazing Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is by far one of my favorite resorts. My husband got us a suite for my graduation, it was absolutely amazing. The service was great, restaurant and bar was good, the room was huge and extremely clean. I would love to stay here again. The room was pricey, but totally worth it. This resort is a must stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Korean first
Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great for couples - didn't see too many kids. Pool isn't great for kids - Families with kids should stay next door but if you want quiet and romance, stay here.
Complimentary coffee every morning was delicious - they don't go cheap here, they go all out and that's what I appreciated. But again, remember, this place is quiet!

Room Tip: Go next door to Outrigger Reef for the kids activities
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is really a fine hotel in every way. The rooms are extremely well thought out and beautifully decorated. They pay attention to small details like putting your TV remotes in a fake book by the beds so as not to detract from the decor.
Everyone we passed- no matter what their job- smiled and greeted us and seemed genuinely happy to have you as their guest.
The restaurants are amazingly good. Great service, food and ambiance. Call prior to your stay and reserve a table for Orchid's and request a table on the patio 30-45 minutes before sunset and experience a beautiful Hawaian sunset to make the meal really special.
I can't say anything wrong about the hotel, but the prices ARE high. We paid $780.00 +++/ night for a Diamond Head ocean view room. Not sure I would pay that again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our Hawaiian holiday. Excellent location for the buzz of Waikikki, great access to the beach and shops. Fantastic room and views and loved its history. Particularly enjoyed the cocktail party and the jazz club.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Elegant, classy hotel. Room are nice, but nothing special (we had ocean view on 12th floor). Pool is lovely. No beach chairs. Breakfast included and very good. Restaurants a tad stuffy. Not sure we'd return. Bed was nowhere near quality of Four Seasons or a Westin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Charles City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a 3 night stay. The staff in every area of this lovely hotel were outstanding. Susan, the concierge was extremely helpful finding us a rental car and surfing lessons. We were forgotten during our meal at La Mer, and Steven, the manager of the restaurant, was apologetic and accommodating to the point that our meal for the next night was free. The rooms were well appointed, but I don't think the extra cost for the upgrade to ocean view was worth it. Mostly we saw the top of the restaurant. We ate all our meals on property including the breakfast buffet-the birds were a nuisance, however. Happy Hour on the lawn with the Hawaiian music was absolutely lovely. This is where we will stay for every trip to Oahu.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

What an wonderful stay! I enjoyed every minute of it and really, almost opted to stay a few days more. The staff there was ready and welcoming when I arrived almost at midnight! They probably could tell I was tired and hungry because they immediately assisted with my bags and asked if the could assist me in getting something to eat. I appreciated that thought and immediate offer to accommodate me.

For the remainder of my stay, I was in complete relaxation because of the facilities, the location and especially the staff. They really are willing to do what you need and are so super friendly doing it. It was always nice to come back to my room to relax after a busy or just from sitting out on the sand. I liked that where I was staying was away from the fast pace of the tourists and everything in Honolulu.

I will most definitely stay here when I return this year!

Room Tip: Depends on what you want. My suite was on the lower level so that I could have a lanai and walk out...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Halekulani Hotel? Share your experiences!