We chose the Halekluani for the Honolulu part of our Hawaiian vacation because of the great reviews and description of it an "oasis in Waikiki". Most of that was definitely true - compared to the other Waikiki hotels we visited - most of which seem stuck in the 70s or 80s- Halekulani is elegant, serene, and with great service. The pool area is nice, breakfast buffet delicious, and the room while not large was well appointed and with a great view of Waikiki (at an extra charge). The only issues we had were some noise problem at night. One night there was some sort of machinery making noises around 11pm that was irritating although didn't last long. The other was at about 1am one night when we heard a consistent banging. We called the front desk and they were able to stop it - turns out someone was locked out of their room and for some reason decided to keep banging on his door instead of going down to the front desk. The hotel handled it well but still can't give five stars for the experience given that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu