I have wanted to stay at this hotel each time I have been to Honolulu. This time it worked out. I had a town car pick up my husband and I at the airport, which was worth it. The bellmen upon our arrival were helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, that was the highlight of staying here so far. The front desk was a bit impersonal. Yes, we had a receptionist take us on a brief tour and walk us to our room. I had reserved through Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts so had hoped we might get an upgrade only to find what I thought was more of a downgrade. Imagine my surprise when we were given a room with twin beds. The receptionist explained that no room type is guaranteed. Everything is a request, and basically you get what you get when you arrive. So word to the wise, think about what you want in a room and is not getting it worth the $$$.
The receptionist said she would have housekeeping turn the twins into a king, which did not happen. We had to call down hours later once we returned to find nothing had been done. Of course simply pushing the two together just isn't quite the same. Also, problems with the phone were not corrected as promised, until I called again hours later also. Have to wait till tomorrow to get that fixed. I requested and opportunity to upgrade my room, which I certainly could do for another $1,300 a night. No one seemed to care that I wasn't happy with my $700 a night twin bed room.
Anyway, rooms are fairly small unless you reserve a suite. Seating is limited in the room. Ocean front means you get a view of the pool and a tiny bit of the ocean. Pool seems overly small and I am certain the beach area is equally as small. Overall, we are greatly disappointed. I do not feel the care and concern that other reviews have mentioned. For the money, I would think twice before ever staying here again. Probably didn't help that we had just stayed at the Four Seasons in Kona which blew us away in terms of service and rooms, compared to this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu