“Vert vert excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill

Romano's Macaroni Grill
1450 Ala Moana Blvd, Ste 4240, Ala Moana Center, Ho'okipa Terrace,Upper Level, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96814
(808) 356-8300
Pirae, null, French Polynesia
“Vert vert excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

À long Time That i havenet eat So Nice italian fond
High chair for babies And crayolla for drawing on the table with them

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sydney, Australia
“Macaroni Grill Oahu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just back from Oahu. For 3 nights in a row ,myself ,son and daughter in law had dinner here. It was really good, the food and the service. My son visits Italy regularly and took us there. I had 3 diifferent dishes and they were all delicious. Only "fault" was some helpings were too large! We were looked after very well by the staff.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sedona, Ariona
“Great Italian food at Waikiki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

There is the huge Ala Moana Shopping Center in Waikiki. Up on the fourth floor is Romano's Macaroni Grill. I know we're in Paradise, but sometimes, when you want really GOOD Italian food that, in my opinion, closely resembles REAL Italian food (one must have gone to Italy and eaten there to understand that 99% of "Italian" food in restaurants in America is NOT the same Italian food of Italy). We dropped in for lunch. The restaurant was cool, shady and quiet...and I like quiet restaurants because I want to be able to speak in a general tone of voice and be heard by my partner. Nowadays, so many restaurants are blaring music you can't even hear yourself think. I like to find restaurants that are quiet, elegant and have ambience conducive to relaxation and this is one of 'em. I ordered the Bibb and Blue salad with shrimp. I had Estancia Pino Gris glass of wine as well. The Bibb lettuce was fresh. The bleu cheese dressing divine. The shrimp grilled and well cooked. The service was excellent and timely. My husband had the chicken parmesan and he scarfed about 70% of it. The portions are large and a carry out is a real possibility. For dessert, we had their Lemon Cake. We had Lemon Cake in downtown Rome, Italy at a lovely trattoria and I died when I ate it -- it was THAT divine. Well, I wondered what Macaroni's would hold up to it. Darned if it wasn't almost as good! I would rate the Lemon Cake in Rome at a 10 and Macaroni's lemon cake at a 9...it truly was to die for. The presentation of the food is top drawer. This is a place for a serious gourmet who insists upon plate presentation, excellent tasting food and an serious and outstanding wine selection. But if you don't have a gourmet pallet and just love Italian food, I really can't find another restaurant in the USA that rivals Italian authenticity like Romano's. Aloha.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
kihei
“Order the right thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Some menu items are mediocre. However the eggplant parm was really good. Lasagne not so good. Service was decent. I think if you did a little research on TA you could find better italian

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great food, menu has discrepancies.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a birthday dinner for my family. It's pricey but the food tasted great to me and my family.
My kids are pickey eaters but found the macaroni and cheese and pepperoni pizza to their liking. Since it was the a birthday dinner they brought out a slice of chocolate cake which was delicious (on the house cost about 8 bucks). The gelato was expensive for 6 dollars you get 3 scoops of gelato, doesn't sound bad until you see that the scoops are as big as big gumball.

The menu discrepancies explained - my wife bought a dish something like called salad with scallops for about 16 dollars and then it stated with shrimp add 2 dollars. So my wife assumed that it was 18 dollars for the salad with scallops with shrimp, but bill turn out to be 22 dollars because it is supposed to be 2 dollars extra if we get the salad with shrimp in place of scallops.
The waiter acknowledge the mistake, but still charged the difference.

Another discrepancy is that the kids meal states free refills for all drinks, but the waiter later said the refills is only for soda, not milk or juice. luckily, he gave us refills in soda.

The ambience is nice, the wait to get a table was 30 minutes on a Sunday at 5:30pm. They doesn't take reservations before 6:30pm

Visited October 2012