“Great for vegetarians too!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 1,906 restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian, Asian fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Omaha
“Great for vegetarians too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I ate here many times during our trip to Waikiki last month. The service was always friendly and the atmosphere was lively. The thing I love most about The Yard House is that they use Gardein which is a vegetarian “meat” product. I had buffalo wings and sliders in a restaurant for the first time in my life. So exciting! The wings were too hot for me so the next visit I tried the jerk wings and they were fantastic. The one caution is that if you are ordering the Gardein products, make sure there is a bamboo toothpick sticking out of it which will indicate that it is the Gardein. There was a mix-up with my first meal, but the staff were very apologetic and totally made up for it. I also had the tomato soup with grilled cheese for lunch one day. The soup was very creamy and flavorful. The sandwich was tasty, but could have used a bit longer on the grill as it was not crisp enough on the outsides (see pic). My husband is a meat eater and loved the ahi sliders and other meat dishes he ate. Also had one of the best mai tais I had on the island. No meal is complete without dessert and the salted caramel butterscotch pudding is delish! I will now look for The Yard House in any city that I visit and hope they bring one to Omaha!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Restaurant, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hi Tropicsgirl101 – When it comes to our Gardein items we are extremely careful and it is very disappointing to hear that a mistake was made. Please accept our sincerest apologies. Also, please know that we will be sharing your feedback regarding your sandwich with our culinary team. If time permits, please contact us at yhguestrelations@darden.com. We hope to connect with you about your visit.

84% Recommend
York,SC
“Great Happy Hour, Appetizers & Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very good menu, excellent Spicy Tuna Roll and over 300 beers on tap. Get there early or long waits, beer samplers are great way to choose what to drink. Highly recommended.

Langley, BC
“Great eats!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great menu, great prices! Very popular, we had to wait a bit to get a table, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Kapaa, Hawaii
“Good beer, Great Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

What a great time and an awesome menu! The beer was COLD and delicious! The staff was fun and professional. What choices, oh my gosh! The menu had items that were healthy and interesting, and everthing tasted great!

Adelaide
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate at the Yardhouse on two occasions and had take out as well. Wonderful service from Mike, who endeavoured to mix a lemon,lime and bitters for an Aussie lady. The best cheesecake,
and we tried them elsewhere. Lovely fresh food.