“Best Budget Hotel I Have Ever Stayed In - Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off 7 night or more
Ranked #29 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Seattle, Washington
“Best Budget Hotel I Have Ever Stayed In - Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I met my Son in Honolulu to spend some time together, He flew in from New Zealand I flew in from Seattle. We decided to go budget friendly, and we couldn't have asked for a better place. Clean, Quite, safe, and a great location - 1 block from Waikiki Beach. We had a complete kitchen, strong free internet, and cheap safe parking across the street. The staff was friendly and helpful. they even hand delivered a package to our room I had sent to me from the mainland. The final thing that inspired me to right this review was that they called me and let me know I had left some credit cards in the room and then offered to mail them back to me.

Great Experience. I will absolutely stay there next time I go to Honolulu and I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

So it was my first time in Hawaii and I was looking at loads of different places to stay, from hostels right through to expensive hotels.
I wasn't too comfortable with staying in a hostel but I can't really afford a hotel either. But luckily I found Waikiki Prince hotel!
The room I had was really clean and everything you need. It was nice to have the kitchenette too.
The staff are really friendly and helpful and the wifi is decent. The only thing is that it can be quite noisy in the morning due to trucks unloading. However, the location of this hotel is perfect. Literally a 2 minute walk and you are on Waikiki beach. Because of that I'd definitely pay to stay at this hotel again. You're right in the centre of everything. Thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled solo

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the hotel for 14 nights. We booked a room with two double beds. On check-in we were told that this room was unavailable so they gave us a queen and a single and said they would move us the next day. The next day they moved us two levels down to the exact same room configuration. After querying this with reception I was told that they move people all the time to accommodate reservations with more guests and some guests may move up to three times. So be warned... what you book may not be what you get.

So the good things....
- Hotel staff are friendly and helpful
- The price was good compared to other hotels
- The location would be excellent if it had not been next to the car rental place
- Late checkout

The bad
- The single bed for myself was extremely uncomfortable unless your use to sleeping on concrete
- You cant check-in till late.
- The location: The car rental place starts making noise from approx 6.30 to 7am. You'll get to enjoy the loud noise of there vacuum and revving of the Harley Davidson motor bikes every morning. On Friday and Saturday nights they like to have drinks and party with all there friends under there beach umbrella since they don't have a proper shop front. If you like peace and quiet this is not the place to stay. Unfortunately not the fault of the hotel but something you should be mindful of.

The hotel itself is a flashback to the past. Furnished most likely in the 1980's its looking a tad tired. The hotel was pretty clean except we did encounter two cockroaches in the room. There is not much that can be done about this since they can easily just fly in and the hotel does spray insecticide to prevent and be reminded you get these pests everywhere....

If your happy with the price and don't mind noise then this is the place to stay. If your looking for something more quieter and updated I would recommend paying more and staying somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Gottingen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I shared a twin economy room with kitchenette with a colleague of mine for a conference (at the Hawaii Convention Center, 30 min walking distance) plus some additional days. The hotel is located right at the center of Waikiki just one block away from the beach.
The team at the reception is friendly and helpful. Towels for the beach can be chequed out there and some beach gear (mask, snorkel) was available on a first come first serve basis.
The rooms are quite simple, but we liked them (and we did not come to spend too much time inside anyway). There was no daily room service, but sheets and towels were changed only every 3rd day.
Parking at the hotel is limited (add 20$/night). When we got a car (one car rental station is just 100m down the street) none was available, but there is a public garage right opposite the hotel (25$/24h).
All in all we enjoyed our stay at the Waikiki Prince. I doubt that there are many better options for a budget hotel (81$/night incl. tax) in Waikiki.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

waikikiprincehotel, General Manager at Waikiki Prince, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Aloha C_Samoa,
It is great to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We are upgrading our hotel with customers like you in mind. Our rooms are on the smaller side and there is really not much to do in the day time in our hotel. I am glad to see the staff treated you well. We try to be knowledgeable in most things a visitor would do. Plus the wifi/ internet makes planning much easier. When people get back from exploring, we have some new HD TV channels, lots of places to plug in gadgets, and of course a place to sleep and shower. To keep prices low we do not have maid service every day. Parking is an issue for most of Waikiki but there are a lot of Bus lines nearby. We hope to see you next time!
Mahalo
Jason
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you expect 4 or 5 stars you will be disappointed. However if you want a great budget hotel, with friendly and helpful staff and only three minutes from Waikiki then this is a great choice. Rooms are not large but adequate. There is a great kitchenette to cook meals in and the close ABC shops have plenty of supplies. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Aloha TassieRetired,
I would be sad too if I pulled up to the Waikiki Prince Hotel and expected a 4 to 5 star resort. Some people confuse the old star rating with tripadvisor circles. I am not even sure on the old rating we would be a 1 star (some criteria are having a restaurant, room service etc) . But yes were are a budget hotel and our prices reflect that compared to other Hawaii properties. Most reviews on Tripadvisor factor in price, location, and other things. Our kitchenettes are handy in making quick meals. Most people don't need a $25 dollar breakfast every day when some toast and coffee will do.
I hope you choose the Waikiki Prince Hotel again.
Mahalo,
Jason
Tolmie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel was as advertised, basic but value for money. Location was a block back from beach which was perfect. Good restaurants close by and walking distance to bus, beach and entertainment district. Check in & check out were very efficient.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Perfect location, Friendly, helpful staff.
This place is affordable, clean & comfortable.
You are welcome to borrow everything you need for the beach on a first come first serve basis, which we used every day.
Housekeeping is every few days, which suited us fine, Anything you need ie: fresh towels and amenities the reception are more than happy to give.
there are laundry facilities for guests to use.
Waikiki is noisy, no matter where you stay & this place is no different.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Waikiki Prince? Share your experiences!