As long as you come to this hotel with the right expectations, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It is not a resort, it is not situated directly on the beach, it doesn't have daily room cleaning or a handful of other services. If this is what you're looking for, then don't come here.
If you want (probably) the best budget hotel in Waikiki, don't mind being off the beach by (only) 2 blocks, want to rent your own private parking space (as opposed to other hotels which often let non-guests rent spots), and don't mind dated furniture, then this is where you should stay.
The rooms are clean, the area is safe, and the staff is friendly. Our vacation to Hawaii was expensive enough, so staying at a $400/night hotel was not an option for us, however we also wanted to be close enough to the "action" that we didn't feel like our hotel location was a burden. While the hotel itself does not get a 5/5 rating, it is does get an 'excellent' for what we wanted/needed it for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wifi, Free Coffee (brew your own) Area to print out boarding passes. All of our rooms have balconies, TV, Air Conditioning, a refrigerator,and microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B and Odigeo so you can book your Waikiki Prince reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Prince Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Prince Hawaii/Honolulu