I generally have some very basic qualifiers for any hotel; it should be clean, comfortable, convenient and have a staff that seems to care to some degree about its customers. Coming from an area with a lot of high end luxury resorts, there is always the danger of using these as the litmus test. Its not always a fair comparison, especially when you are trying to save a few bucks and balance budget with an enjoyable stay. The Waikiki Prince worked out great in this regard. It is one of those properties where you need to forget the first impression, and instead, scrutinize everything around you. Our room had a full size bed and a twin size bed for our son. The walls in the room looked like they had fairly fresh paint. It had a kitchenette with a medium sized fridge, stove/oven, microwave and plates/silverware. No sign of bed bugs anywhere. The room was clean, as was the bathroom. One real high point was the very friendly and accommodating staff. There was no doubt that they had that spirit of service that you would hope for everywhere you stay. From the resident manager to all the folks in the front office, they were helpful and friendly and willing to make sure we were taken care of. From providing directions to giving suggestions to save on souvenirs to providing beach towels, beach chairs and even helping with online check-in for our flight out, every interaction was positive. Does this property offer a beautiful view of the ocean or a pool or an impressive lobby; no. But, what it does offer is a very short walk to Waikiki beach, a very reasonable rate, friendly staff, a clean room, Wi-Fi, security measures and cool air conditioning. If you are ready to visit Hawaii and deal with credit card bills for a long time, then go for the very expensive luxury properties that can be found in the Honolulu area. If you plan to stay in a clean place to sleep, maybe a place to prepare a few meals and save money and someplace convenient to the beach, then this hotel will work for you. I would return. If they will put a hook on the back of the bathroom door, I would be completely pleased, but as it stands, the people who work there and the location and clean room are enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wifi, Free Coffee (brew your own) Area to print out boarding passes. All of our rooms have balconies, TV, Air Conditioning, a refrigerator,and microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and T4B so you can book your Waikiki Prince reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Prince Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Prince Hawaii/Honolulu