My wife and I stayed at the Waikiki Prince for a few days before and after our cruise on NCL in January 2014. For the first few days, we stayed in a 'small room' (no kitchenette) on the 5th floor. On the second stay, we were in a standard kitchenette on the 4th floor.
This is a budget hotel ... if you want something fancy, the Hyatt is next door. For $100/night, this price is a steal. There were no surprises and the hotel is as described on TripAdvisor. In fact the rooms were cleaner than expected with no musty smells like you sometimes find in older buildngs.
The location is about as good as it gets in Waikiki with good access to the beach, shopping, and restaurants. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The will go out of their way to accomodate your requests. They let us share the building managers parking stall for the one night we had a rental car. The hotel closes at 8 pm. The building manager is on-site, so the hotel was able to accomodate our late check-in.
You should expect some street noise no matter what floor you are on. However, I only really noticed the noise on the first day. All rooms face the same way. If there are any noise differences between floors, I think they are negligible. The elevator only goes to the 5th floor, so the 6th floor ins only accessable by stairs.
Both rooms had fridges, microwaves, coffeemakers (with coffee), hairdryers. The kitchenette also had a small stove, sink and dishes. The hotel has free WiFi. The beds were comfortable. We found that using the air conditioning was only needed if you were in the room in the daytime. The louvered windows help keep the rooms comfortable at night.
The small room is small if you have much luggage. We personally preferred the standard kitchenette.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wifi, Free Coffee (brew your own) Area to print out boarding passes. All of our rooms have balconies, TV, Air Conditioning, a refrigerator,and microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Waikiki Prince reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Prince Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Prince Hawaii/Honolulu