“Great price, great service in a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Waikiki Prince
2431 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815   |
Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Canada
“Great price, great service in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Waikiki Prince for a few days before and after our cruise on NCL in January 2014. For the first few days, we stayed in a 'small room' (no kitchenette) on the 5th floor. On the second stay, we were in a standard kitchenette on the 4th floor.

This is a budget hotel ... if you want something fancy, the Hyatt is next door. For $100/night, this price is a steal. There were no surprises and the hotel is as described on TripAdvisor. In fact the rooms were cleaner than expected with no musty smells like you sometimes find in older buildngs.

The location is about as good as it gets in Waikiki with good access to the beach, shopping, and restaurants. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The will go out of their way to accomodate your requests. They let us share the building managers parking stall for the one night we had a rental car. The hotel closes at 8 pm. The building manager is on-site, so the hotel was able to accomodate our late check-in.

You should expect some street noise no matter what floor you are on. However, I only really noticed the noise on the first day. All rooms face the same way. If there are any noise differences between floors, I think they are negligible. The elevator only goes to the 5th floor, so the 6th floor ins only accessable by stairs.

Both rooms had fridges, microwaves, coffeemakers (with coffee), hairdryers. The kitchenette also had a small stove, sink and dishes. The hotel has free WiFi. The beds were comfortable. We found that using the air conditioning was only needed if you were in the room in the daytime. The louvered windows help keep the rooms comfortable at night.

The small room is small if you have much luggage. We personally preferred the standard kitchenette.

Room Tip: When requesting taxis, shuttles etc., mention that this hotel is on Prince Edward Street to avoid co...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Campbell River, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our studio ste. felt small at first but we soon got used to it and it has become our home away from home. We actually enjoy the time spent here, cooking, doing dishes, napping, watching tv and sitting on the lanai. I hand wash most of our clothes and dry them on lanai over chairs and right on cement. There is a table and 3 chairs. My hubby walks to ABC, gets newspaper and has coffee on lanai each morning.
Four burner gas stove works well. Nice stainless steel small fridge with a freezer compartment lg enough to fit ice-cream and several packages of meat. AC works well.
New mattresses came and we got one for the double bed that big hubby sleeps in. There's also a single bed and it's comfortable. Lots of drawer space.
Hotel is clean, staff is absolutely wonderful! Respectable guests is always a good sign too. We are on 5th floor middle and it's quiet enough for us. For 90.00 per night, it is a vreat deal considering our fave part of Waikiki is 2 blocks away. It takes about 5 minutes to be in the water!
I love that we are well-equipped to eat all our meals in, except for a few snacks out. Trying to keep food costs down so we can vacation more....quantity of days is our thing.
Manager lives on site, makes me feel secure.
We are two weeks into a 3 week stay then. to Maui for a week, first time.
I would definitely stay here again! Thank-you Reese, Chardonnay and all other staff.
You are exellent and

Room Tip: In any hotel, we prefer to be floors 3-6, not too high or low. We are on 5th floor middle but I won...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Repentigny, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel shows prices from Tripadvisor. I really don't know on what criterias these awards are given.. The floor, the ceiling, the top of the furniture were dirty in our room on the sixth floor. The air conditionner was noisy enough to keep one from sleeping. The office is closed from 7 PM to 7 AM. Not to mention the car and motorcycle rental cie next to the hotel that starts early in the morning with its generator to get power for their vaccum cleaner and the noise from the motorcycle and the car they try to repair.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I found this hotel from Trip Advisor reviews but I wasn't too sure about what I will get because online descriptions tend to be glowing when words such as cozy is used to describe small or limited space. Every day since I booked the hotel and gave a $100 deposit I sought more information about it from the reviews. That was to reduce my cognitive dissonance.

Well, what we got turned out to be a gem. Not only is the price quite affordable for a Waikiki accommodation, it was also well located that Waikiki beach is just two short blocks away. I wish I had a meter stick to be able to give a more precise measurement. Besides the location, the room itself is nice. We got 2 double beds as requested and it came with a small dining table, a mid-sized fridge, a gas range, a kitchen sink, coffee maker, rice cooker, microwave oven, bread toaster, plates, cups, glasses, bowls, cutlery and even kitchen towels. A pack of Kona coffee can be collected from the desk every morning although I got ours the night before. It is like a serviced apartment. Maid service is also available every fourth day of one's stay. We stayed for 10 nights so we had our room cleaned twice. But you can ask for fresh towels any time.

This hotel has a lean staff and efficient management headed by Jason, the general manager and the staff -- Reese, Chardonnay and Paul (intern). There is no dull moment for the desk staff who also handles the guest payments and washes the towels and linens in the heavy duty washer and dryer on the ground floor. They are always accommodating and find ways to help. This is a hotel where the reception staff must have been trained to say Yes and not to say No.

Overall, this is a pleasant and efficient hotel with a good price. On our next trip to Honolulu next year, we shall stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Prince Edward St. for less street noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gwynn Oak, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is an older budget hotel and it didn't lack on the amenities suck as coffee, tea, shampoo, soap, etc, They also offered beach towels, beach chairs, etc to use during your stay, At first when I looked at the reviews back in Sept 2013.....I didn't know whether to believe the rates and reviews. I am very happy that I chose the Waikiki Prince Hotel. I was traveling alone....but my room had a double and a single bed. The kitchen had more amenities than I had gotten from highter priced hotels in the past. I had a 4 burner stove and oven, microwave, refrigerator, rice cooker, coffee pot, toaster oven, plates, bowls, glasses, cups and saucers, knives, can opener....almost like a mini kitchen from home. The employees were just fantastic. The site manager, Reese and reception, Chardonay........were so nice and made my visit in the hotel like being at home. I will come back to this hotel again......again......again. I love it here. It is very close to everything Waikiki Beach and Honolulu has to offer. The room was fine for what I was looking for in a hotel room. I am only in my room long enough to get some breakfast, shower and hit the beach, take a tour, walk around, etc. Come back later to shower and go to dinner with friends, etc. With the great price of my room, I was able to afford a car rental for two weeks and gas was very affordable during my two stay at $3.77 a gal. @ Aloha gas stations. On the East Coast in Maryland when I am from the gas was $3.39 a gal. My car rental rate was also a fantastic for Dec 2013. Thanks to the entire staff, housekeeping, etc for making my stay at Waikiki Prince a great one. I will return again in 2014. I am hoping to return before Nov or Dec. that is how much I enjoyed my stay. Thanks!...............A MILLION!! And Thanks for reviews from prior patrons of this hotel. I always use Trip Advisor when trying to chose my hotels, attractions, etc to do when traveling.
Beach Bunny from Maryland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel was positioned less than 5 minutes walk from the main waikiki beach.It was clean, the showers were good & the beds were fine.We had 4 of us in the room which was a bit squashy however we paid less than $100 USD per night for the room.It had a small kitchen with cutlery,cups & some pots.The room that we had also had A/c.The staff were friendly & helpful, especially Chardonay.They were able to store our luggage (for a small fee) & book our taxis to the airport.They don't book tours but there is a tour guide 2 minutes away.Make sure that you are clear with the address as there is another Prince Hotel & they missed us on one of our tours because they went to the other Prince hotel.They also have 3 washing machines & a huge dryer.There was also a couple of car spaces.It was also close to the buses, shopping & the beach pools.One negative was the noise, garbage trucks,cars & the generator from the neighbouring hire car company.

Room Tip: All the rooms would be much the same in reference to the noise.It has a lift so the higher floors ar...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you want fancy, pay for fancy. Hawaii is expensive. This hotel is not. You get what you pay for. We were actually surprised by the quality for this price.

Greeted very politely at the front desk. Shoot - her name is gone. We asked about food and she directed us to the restaurant across the street that turned out to be outstanding. Rooms are old but perfectly comfortable. Location is super convenient.

Waikiki us not our kind if town for traveling - touristy, shopping, etc. so we were just crashing for the night after a long flight before continuing our journey. For travelers vs vacationers this hotel totally fits the bill.

Do be careful with airport shuttles. Give the address not just the name of the hotel. We almost missed our shuttle as they would have gone to a different prince had I not called to confirm.

Would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Waikiki Prince? Share your experiences!