“Heaven on Earth!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Ketchikan, Alaska, United States
“Heaven on Earth!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have stayed at the waikiki prince hotel on at least 6 diffrent vacations. the rooms are very clean with lots of fresh air. Ashley and Jenna are very nice and friendly and very helpful. I would not even think of staying in a diffrent hotel. The location is right in the center of Waikiki. lots and lots of resturants and stores just across the street. Great night life, great day life GREAT MEMORIES AT THE WAIKIKI PRINCE HOTEL. Michael Mcalpin, Ketchikan Alaska

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed here from dec 6-13. This review is coming from a college student who travels a lot, but doesn't have a lot of money, and usually doesn't stay at nice hotels. Just wanted to throw that out there haha.

Since our plane got in late, we had to stop by at the managers room to get our keys. We were appreciative of this. The room was a small one, with a refrigerator, stove, pots and pans, dishes, toaster oven, and microwave! So great! We got a room with two twin beds. Although my bed is more comfortable at home, I slept fine, and woke up feeling like I had gotten a good nights sleep. On the last night that we were there, some other people at the hotel were partying all night, and were very loud. Other than that, we didn't have any issues with noise at night. As other reviewers have stated, the hotel gets loud in the morning with the sounds of busses/delivery trucks. We looked at this as a wake up call, and knew that it was time to get out of bed and make the most of our day. If you are a light sleeper and want to sleep in, I would recommend ear plugs!

The girls at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. It was great that they had beach towels for the customers to use. All in all, I had a wonderful stay here. If I come back to Hawaii, I will stay here again. You can't beat the price and location!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I cannot believe anyone would give this more than 2 stars. There is ONE good thing about this place, ONE. Well, the staff seem to be nice as well.

I understand people want to come to Waikiki for a good price and some are willing to sacrifice some comforts to come all this way to Hawaii. But I do not understand how anyone would want to sacrifice EVERY comfort. The carpeting in the room is disgusting. The bed is beyond uncomfortable. I was begging to leave at 3 in the morning & was willing to plead with my other hotel to let me have a room. I was in intense pain from the horrible bed and the really crappy pillow.

The room looks bright and airy but economical from the pictures on their website. This is definitely not true. I was happy to give up some creature comforts for a cheap first night since I wouldn't be spending more than 12 hours there. But this was horrible.

Now this is from the perception of someone who typically travels to hotels between Hampton Inn and W Hotels as my range. However, I also stay in simple hotels in developing countries so I know to expect less. For those of you trying to aim a bit lower than you normally do to save a little money, this is NOT the place to stay. It is very very uncomfortable and sketchy. As much as some people say the hotel itself is not important, it's just a place to sleep...well this place has the worst beds and bedding and pillows ever. So you won't get any, and you will be in pain for the rest of your trip after night one, and I'm not even an older person who has aches and pains. The sheets were literally scratchy like sandpaper.

The bathroom was very outdated dank and dark but clean. Yes it's right near the beach, but same with 400 other places in Waikiki. Either spend a bit more money, or don't come to Waikiki. Unless you have a car, a meal for 2 is about 60 bucks anyways, so it's not worth your cost or time to do this to yourself. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

A Big Aloha to Ashley,Jenna and Lincoln at the Waikiki Prince for another memorable trip.I stayed here for a week in August and several days in Sept. 2011.I first stayed here in 1987 and have probably stayed here at least 25 times and when in Waikiki simply would not consider staying anywhere else.It is located about a block and a half from Kuhio Beach which is the best beach in Waikiki in my opinion.Ashley and Jenna are a pleasure to communicate with and go out of their way to help any way they can.The price is excellent,the rooms are super clean and combined with the location make this the Only place I will ever stay when in Waikiki.Mahalo Nui Loa !!!!!!!! Delan

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
houston,tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

everything was absolutly great. Have always stayed at Contentel Surf,but was closed for rehad so came here instead LOVED IT!! great location,great rooms,and excellent staff. The only down side was hours between checkout and flight leaving. Killed time at beach but had to go next door to Hyatt to change. Would have been nice to have a Lobby rm or restroom there to do that in. Loved the mat and towel to borrow

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Located 50 meter from the beach, this budget hotel is clean. Reception is only open from 0900 until, I think 2000 hrs. If you arrive later than office hours you a note on the reception window will give you instructions where to get your keys. On the first night I was given room 301 - if you get this room or any rooms on that side (101 - 201 - 401 - 501 - 601) and you don't carry earplugs then you will be woken up by some generator / bottles machine from across the road. The next day I kindly asked if they had another room for me and they kindly gave me a room on the other side of the hotel which was quieter.

Just note that there is no maid service and if your trash bin is full you will have to empty it yourself. If you stay longer than 4 days they will clean your room in between.

This hotel was perfect for me seeing I only used it to sleep and have a shower in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

My stay at the Waikiki Prince started off on the wrong foot (a room mix up), but Ashley more than made up for it by upgrading my room and giving me a discount on my stay. Both Ashley and Jenna were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. I borrowed a beach towel and bamboo mat and was told I could return them whenever I was done using them. They were helpful in providing information on things to do locally and helped direct me on my way to the nearby bus stop. Also, they held my luggage the day of my checkout while I explored the city and even helped me with my flight check in! After walking to the top of Diamond Head and back, I was even offered use of the front office's washroom and a washcloth. Talk about aloha spirit! I stayed on the third floor, facing another building on Prince Edward street. Wi-fi was strong at that level. However, be sure to have earplugs as it does get loud around 7 or 8 in the morning (trucks, etc.) The condition of the room (I had a deluxe double full bed room with kitchen) reminds me a bit of my first apartment out of college. That is, not ultra spiffy but clean and cozy. The location is excellent. A block from the beach, around the corner from an awesome musubi place, close to lots of shops (including ABC Store, which appears to be on every block in Waikiki), and a block or two from the bus stop (The Bus.) When I return to Waikiki, I will definitely consider booking a room at the Waikiki Prince Hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Waikiki Prince? Share your experiences!