I cannot believe anyone would give this more than 2 stars. There is ONE good thing about this place, ONE. Well, the staff seem to be nice as well.
I understand people want to come to Waikiki for a good price and some are willing to sacrifice some comforts to come all this way to Hawaii. But I do not understand how anyone would want to sacrifice EVERY comfort. The carpeting in the room is disgusting. The bed is beyond uncomfortable. I was begging to leave at 3 in the morning & was willing to plead with my other hotel to let me have a room. I was in intense pain from the horrible bed and the really crappy pillow.
The room looks bright and airy but economical from the pictures on their website. This is definitely not true. I was happy to give up some creature comforts for a cheap first night since I wouldn't be spending more than 12 hours there. But this was horrible.
Now this is from the perception of someone who typically travels to hotels between Hampton Inn and W Hotels as my range. However, I also stay in simple hotels in developing countries so I know to expect less. For those of you trying to aim a bit lower than you normally do to save a little money, this is NOT the place to stay. It is very very uncomfortable and sketchy. As much as some people say the hotel itself is not important, it's just a place to sleep...well this place has the worst beds and bedding and pillows ever. So you won't get any, and you will be in pain for the rest of your trip after night one, and I'm not even an older person who has aches and pains. The sheets were literally scratchy like sandpaper.
The bathroom was very outdated dank and dark but clean. Yes it's right near the beach, but same with 400 other places in Waikiki. Either spend a bit more money, or don't come to Waikiki. Unless you have a car, a meal for 2 is about 60 bucks anyways, so it's not worth your cost or time to do this to yourself. Go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wifi, Free Coffee (brew your own) Area to print out boarding passes. All of our rooms have balconies, TV, Air Conditioning, a refrigerator,and microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and T4B so you can book your Waikiki Prince reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Prince Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Prince Hawaii/Honolulu