My wife and I stayed here from Aug 5-11 for our wedding anniversary. This was our second trip to Oahu in 2007. Last April, we stayed in the North Shore at the Turtle Bay Resort and across the way in Waikiki at the Marriott. (please see my reviews). From our Marriott we can see the Pacific Beach Hotel and low and behold our next trip we wind up staying there.
I contacted the hotel directly and also made a few request like, higher floors (as Waikiki can get noisey) and a corner room facing the beautifyl Diamond head. They gave me everything I wanted except they gave us two full beds instead of a king bed. But that was alright.
The rooms are dated a little but roomy. Much roomy than the Marriott that we stayed in in April. We had room 2666. We had a mini fridge in our room for drinks and fruit. We had one window facing Wakiki beach and our lanai (balcony) faced Diamond Head. It is best to face Diamond head or you'll be facing the city side and look at building all day and night. Front desk was nice and helpful as with the valet guys. There are nice shops in the hotel and the resturaunts are very good. Both restaurants have a view of the big aquarium inside the hotel. Speaking of the aquarium you can see the top of the aquarium form our lanai (balcony).
The beach is right across the street. There is valet parking and self parking. Of course most if not all Waikiki hotels charge for parking. Valet was $18 a day and self was $15. Valet was hassel free. The freeway was easy to get to from the hotel. Diamond head is about a 5 minute drive, Hanaouma Bay is about 15 minutes, Kailua/Lanikai beach is about 15-20 minutes, North Shore is about 35-55 minutes away.
As I said in my Marriot Reviews, I like to try different hotels like I do in the 9th Hawaiian island, Las Vegas. But I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. The hotel's centerpiece is the 3-story indoor Oceanarium attraction with over 70 different species of Pacific marine life. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, spa, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu