We've just returned from our third stay at this hotel in 10 or so years - including once on our honeymoon. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Waikiki. The best thing would have to be the location - directly opposite the beach and walking distance to all that Waikiki has to offer. The rooms aren't new, so if you're looking for ultra-modern and flashy you won't find it here. But to me the decor is part of the charm of this place, and even if it is a little old, it's still very clean. The house-keeping staff do a great job. The rooms and beds are large and comfortable, the bathroom is a little cramped, but the showers have good water pressure. And anyway, with that beach on your doorstep it's more pleasant to take a swim in the sea in the morning and rinse off with the showers at the beach than mess around in any hotel bathroom. There's a table and chairs both inside and out, and it's really nice to sit out on the balcony and just take in the view. We were on the 11th floor of the Oceanarium Tower and had a good view of the sea and mountains from our partial oceanview room. The Beach Tower gives you more of a view of the ocean as well as Waikiki, but we've been happy with views from rooms in both towers. There's plenty of convenience stores nearby including an ABC store onsite, and there's a Dollar rental car desk too which makes reserving a car easy. The staff are cheerful and efficient, I saw some long lines at reception during peak arrival times, but it was the middle of summer as well as a national holiday in Japan with many guests from there checking in, so I imagine the same must happen at a lot of Honolulu hotels during that time of year. Arriving quite late at night our check in was quick and easy. Really, if you want to be in the centre of Waikiki and as close as you can to the beach without paying exhorbitant rates of higher end hotels you can't go wrong with Pacific Beach Hotel - and it's a perfect base for visiting those other properties for meals/drinks etc as well. I've seen a few reviews on this site complaining that rooms need updating etc, but I think these people are missing the point - this is the hotel to stay in when you want to spend your days on the beach and evenings enjoying that amazing sunset from the privacy of your own balcony.
PS If you surf and don't have a board with you, head for Moku surfshop just a short block away - they do a good deal on rentals on decent boards and are a friendly bunch of guys too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. The hotel's centerpiece is the 3-story indoor Oceanarium attraction with over 70 different species of Pacific marine life. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, spa, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu