Location speaks for itself! Across from the beach, within few minute walk to Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Kaimana Beach (if you want to mingle with locals and enjoy wider beach). I even walked to Diamond Head (40 - 50 min walk) and hiked up another 20 min to the top! (Warning: I live in SF, so I'm used to the hills and walking. There is "The Bus" going to the foot of DH if you want to avoid the first 40 min of walking! The hotel isn't fancy, very basic (no fancy comforter, no European pillows, no mini bars) and clean. That's all I needed as I didn't plan to spend my time in my room. Given that I had a partial ocean view room on 37th floor, I could just sit in my balcony and admire the view. (Ahh, sipping my coffee and watching rolling waves...I even saw a rainbow over the horizon after a passing Mauka shower! What a life!) Friendly and accommodating staff with few exceptions, but that really didn't overcast my entire stay. I've been told that this hotel will be going through some renovation in the near future.
I'd definitely stay here and ask for the same or similar room on a higher floor! p.s. if you don't have a patient to wait for a slow elevator during rush hour (breakfast, check-in/out, dinner time), I'd ask for a lower floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. The hotel's centerpiece is the 3-story indoor Oceanarium attraction with over 70 different species of Pacific marine life. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, spa, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Expedia, Groupon, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu