I want direct full ocean front in Waikiki, and this is by far the best value for that. And the hotel wasn't charging that much more for the great views, so take advantage of that, when Ocean Front category is available. The views are stunning, but try to be above the 6th or 7th floor, in the 17 story front tower. The room was spacious and very clean, except the bathroom was a bit outdated and needed lots of work. Grout and tile issues mostly. It took a few minutes for hot water to come out, but water pressure was ok. Nice toiletries and amenities provided in the bathroom. I liked the free internet, included in the $20 daily "resort fee".
The hotel is just across the street from the beach. From the front tower, it's just a two minute walk. Maybe five minutes walk from the rear tower. The elevators were often crowded and slow and made lots of stops all the time.
The furniture in my room was all very new and of very very high quality. Sheets and bedding were just acceptable. The mattress was comfortable, just the sheets were a low quality polyester type. The carpet was almost brand new. Microwave and refrigerator in the room were nice to have. Also extra sink and counter area in the room. Nice big flat screen t.v. with perfect picture and lots of channels in lots of languages.
The Oceanairium restaurant is quite spectacular, but a bit expensive for ordinary food. Regardless, hard to beat the atmosphere.
Try for a corner room, especially the corner facing the Royal Hawaiian, as you will have lots of privacy there and amazing corner balcony views. No views of Diamond Head, which is blocked by other hotels.
I arrived at 8 a.m., and the hotel charged me $50 for early checkin, but that got me the corner room, so it was totally worth it to me. Otherwise, likely you will wait til 3 pm to check in.
I probably wouldn't stay here unless I booked the amazing view Ocean Front category.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. The hotel’s centerpiece is the 3-story indoor Oceanarium attraction with over 70 different species of Pacific marine life. Full service hotel with 837 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, spa, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.