This was our first trip to Hawaii and we booked an ocean front room to celebrate our anniversary. The room was clean and everyone at the hotel was very friendly. Beach towels are provided, which was nice. Although the pool was on the cool side, the hot tub was wonderful. The hotel is across the road from the beach, which is convenient, however you don't have the "feel" of an ocean front room until around 1:00 a.m. when the traffic slows down and you can then hear the ocean. The street is pretty busy and you can hear the traffic, even on the 10th floor. the location is excellent. It is within walking distance of other restaurants and shopping. And tour groups picked us up at our hotel.
If you like a large breakfast, it is best to book the breakfast with the room and take advantage of the discount. It has a variety of American and Japenese foods and fresh fruit. The orange juice seemed watered down. They charge a little over $20 for it normally but its discounted when booking a room with it. Although there is a McDonalds accross the street and an Egg restaurant a short walk away.
There is a restaurant outside of the hotel that cooks on a wood fire grill. The large lobster tail was excellent.
There was some negative reviews on this site, but we had a wonderful stay. We were in room 1025.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. The hotel's centerpiece is the 3-story indoor Oceanarium attraction with over 70 different species of Pacific marine life. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, spa, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu