I don't know where all the negative reviews are coming from. I didn't know what to expect after reading the reviews. I was even tempted to change hotels, but decided to take a chance and I'm glad I did. Me and my girlfriend ended up staying in the Oceanarium Tower which seemed to be the bad part from the reviews, but everything was great for our trip. We were checked in swiftly and the "seafood smell" that everybody talked about here wasn't even that bad. Give me a break.
Yes the furniture was a bit dated, but seriously who cares? The tv was new, the bed was more than comfortable, and the room was cleaned unless we had the do not disturb on the door. Our room was also very big although the bathroom was a bit small. Our view was of the city on the 7th floor facing Diamond Head and although not the greatest view, again who cares? We spent most of the day out of the hotel room and even at night, the view was more than enough. I also think this is the quiet side of the hotel so if possible ask for a room facing Diamond Head.
Everything was in walking distance but we also rented a car to see other parts of the island. Parking is 20 dollars a day and the garage is attached to the hotel so not a far walk. The hotel also offers free beach towels at the front desk if you ask. Unfortunately I only found out about it the day we left!
Again the beach is just a short walk across the street which is convenient. All in all it was a great experience and I would stay here again. My only real complaint would be about the elevators. The Ocenarium Tower has like 37 floors so you could be waiting for awhile at times if you stay in that tower.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. The hotel’s centerpiece is the 3-story indoor Oceanarium attraction with over 70 different species of Pacific marine life. Full service hotel with 837 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, spa, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TIG Global, Travelocity, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.