This past summer our family of four came back from our annual two-week stay in Hawaii. I work in Honolulu one week a year, and we've stayed in a different hotel each year for fun--until now. This year we stayed at the Sheraton Waikiki and our roaming days are over.
As silly as this sounds, the thing our family most enjoyed about this Honolulu beach-front hotel was the Resort pool. Our daughters especially--could not get enough of this huge, multi-level pool. But how do you please both a 3- and 1-year old as well as mom and dad? Offer a little of everything. The pool has three big areas, and two hot tubs. Our eldest loved the giant water slide and pool with waterfall, our youngest loved the small water slide and super-shallow play area, and mom and dad loved it all--particularly the hot tubs. At first it stunned me to see a lower kid-friendly average for this hotel, because this pool is so great. But then I realized that the averages take into account all reviews, and the Resort pool opened in 2009.
Beyond the pool there's a variety of restaurants including Rum Fire (which has both indoor and pool-side seating), Twist (incredible view from the top floor), Peets, and Ingredients (where we ate breakfast).
I'm looking forward to next year to try Kai Market. This restaurant and another pool was under construction while we were there and we just missed their completion by a month or so. Kai Market has a "living wall" of fresh herbs that the chef pulls from as he prepares your meal, and the pool was planned as an adult-only option for those who don't want the noise or clamor of children.
Our room was absolutely stunning. We managed to get into one of the newly renovated rooms and, it was so nice, we were content to stay in when one of the family wanted a little less sun. It had TWO balconies with great views, flat-panel televisions, a refrigerator, lots of space, and more. We really loved it.
I heartily recommend this hotel to anyone considering a beach-front stay in Waikiki. Thank you Sheraton for making our stay wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Waikiki on Oahu's oceanfront in Hawaii has Khakara Spa, delicious restaurants, and the largest ballroom in Waikiki. We're the perfect destination for an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Sheraton Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Waikiki
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Waikiki Honolulu
- Sheraton Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu