When we arrived we thought we were at a Las Vegas Hotel - it has a lobby with a constant stream of people coming and going - and the warm breeze from the sea wafting through. Their is an inner lift lobby where the 12 or so lifts are. I just could not get over how many people were always around. Our room on the 21st floor was spacious but very sparse and very basic - no frills. You pay a resort charge for the 2 x 500ml bottled water and Wifi.
The 2 pools were always very busy - we never managed to get to sit by the infinity adults pool - you are packed together like sardines - we preferred the family pool area - but again can get quite crowded - would hate to be there at high season. We went to the beach infront of the hotel a couple of times as it was a lot less crowded - but did not sit on the hotels loungers - they wanted 50$ for the day! took a few towels form the hotel pool to lie on - I think that should have been included in the resort charge!
The sea was allot warmer than the swimming pools.
The hotel is located right in the centre of all the shopping - as long as you want top brand designer clothes - Hermes/Gucci/Chanel/Louis Vuitton or Hawaian shirts....if you want to go shopping then take the bus to Ala Moana Shopping Centre - it is an enormous centre about 15 mins bus ride with a huge Macy's, Neiman Marcus and all the brands.
The weather on Waikiki was always pretty good - even when the forecast was for rain or cloudy - it seems to have a climate all of its own - sunny and clear. look behind the city towards the mountains and you will see clouds and dark looking clouds.
There was a problem with the main water main in Honolulu when we were staying so was without water for most of one day - the hotel handed out hundreds of bottled water - and kept us informed by a central speaker system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Waikiki on Oahu's oceanfront in Hawaii has Khakara Spa, delicious restaurants, and the largest ballroom in Waikiki. We're the perfect destination for an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Priceline and BookIt.com so you can book your Sheraton Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Waikiki
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Waikiki Honolulu
- Sheraton Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu