“"Nice, friendly, and beautiful" according to my 8 year old” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

You added Sheraton Waikiki to your Saves list
Sheraton Waikiki
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2255 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
“"Nice, friendly, and beautiful" according to my 8 year old”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Ohana in Hawaiin means home and I truly feel like I'm home when we come back to the Sheraton. What makes a hotel is not the name but the wonderful people that work there like Rowena and Casie at the front desk. Jessica, Mana, Henry, Gilbert, Stanley and the wonderful people on the 30th floor lounge and everyone else who has been so kind and welcoming. Our sincere thanks to all.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have stayed here twice now. Beautifully positioned right on the beachfront (in my opinion the best sited of all the hotels at Waikiki). 2 Fantastic pool decks either side of the hotel. The Infinity pool is an absolute pleasure, lie back in a floating bean bag and enjoy a Mai Tai in the warm Hawaii afternoon. The hotel has 1200 rooms so it is always very busy. Pay the extyra money for an Ocean Front room...it is worth it.

Room Tip: Go with an Ocean Front room
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Recently stayed at the Sheraton in Waikiki. Great location, nice pools, gym and bars. The rooms, however, desperately need an overhaul. Terrible water pressure, old fittings and noisy old air con units. We had partial ocean view rooms. Very partial. Like you'd have to be abseiling off your balcony to see anything but I guess you get what you pay for. These rooms were spacious but as said before, run down. A complaint to concierge about the shower only providing a trickle was met with a swift and surprising response. Within the hour I had a whole new shower fitting! Great service. Then, to add to the woes, from 4 am we would hear the beeps of trucks reversing (avoid the eastern side of the hotel) and we were on the 17th floor. Driving us insane, yep, we complained again. This time to the lovely, if a little cranky, Christine. I say cranky but in a good way. Probably because she is constantly dealing with this. Anyway, the hotel was full and it was proving difficult to relocate us. She went off into the back office, came back and said, "I don't want to hear anymore complaining", tongue in cheek. She'd upgraded us to ocean view rooms for the remainder 7 nights! Again, great service. So, while the Sheraton is getting a bit daggy, the staff are fantastic. Always obliging, smiling (well maybe only occasionally in Christine's case). Well done the staff at the Sheraton. The margaritas in the infinity pool aren't half bad either.

Room Tip: Don't stay eastern side. Ocean view rooms nice but smaller than partial ocean. Stay higher up.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

After staying at the hilton hawaiian village last year and choosing to swap to the sheraton waikiki this year, i have to say we were glad we made the swap. Even though the rooms at the sheraton are older style, overall we much prefer the central position of the sheraton being right on the iconic part of the beach with the main drag of shops and restaurants directly behind the hotel. The hilton was a walk further up and the beach out the front was not the same. The sheraton foyer, restaurants and shops and their infinity pool/s is overall a much superior experience than the hilton. Although, the rooms on the ali tower at the hilton are newer, we much preferred the overall experience if the sheraton and our view from our room was amazing!!! Will be hoing back!

• Stayed December 2014
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and absolutely loved it. I was fortunate enough to have a suite and with having a suite we got free access to the club level which has delicious free food. I would go to the club level every morning and stuff myself until I got full. This hotel has a wonderful location right on Waikiki Beach and also has it's own little private beach. There where a total of 2 pools and 3 hot-tubs and 1 water slide. My only thing that I would suggest would be not to spend the $50 a person at Kai Market because there is a very little selection of food and that the food wasn't very good at all. However, I would definitely recommend coming here to the Sheraton Waikiki.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of Diamond Head.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was so fun so clean very nice. I love the manager he is so nice. You guys must come and visit all you could do is to just lay by the. Pool and look at the turtle with my sister and family ..I wish I could live here.and that pool can i say amazing. .. every thing is to the t...

• Stayed January 2014
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here with my daughter November 2014 our stay was brilliant from checking in staff who could not do enough to help us as we arrived at 7.30 am and our room would not be available until 3pm but the wonderful staff had us in our room by 9am . Everything about this hotel was excellent nothing was too much trouble. I have travelled extensively and never been treated so well.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Waikiki? Share your experiences!