“Too Busy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

You added Sheraton Waikiki to your Saves list
Sheraton Waikiki
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2255 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Escanaba, Michigan
“Too Busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I like the Sheraton brand of hotels. They have great customer service at the hotels I have been to. This is also a nice hotel. The service is quick on the phones and in line. The hotel is just too busy for me. It is a mall on the main floor and rooms on the rest of the floors. They have some choices for dining in the hotel on the main floor. They have the Royal Hawaiian mall across the circle drive. The pool that they have is very crowded, and very few seats to share. They do have an adult only pool available. They also have fun workshops throughout the week. They do have 2 pool tables next to the Link@Sheraton. You might want to understand a little bit of Chinese and Japanese.
One bad thing is, they don't have fans in the bathroms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are sorry our lively atmosphere was not to your liking and value your feedback. Thank you and a hui hou.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Although I have stayed at the Sheraton Wakiki several times previously for the NFL Pro Bowl, this was the first time I brought the family (wife, daughter - 10, and son - 8). There are far too many reasons to give why this property is amazing for families, but I will try:

1. Location, location, location. In the heart of Waikiki. Only steps from the beach, restaurants, and shopping.
2. The property is spectacular. From the moment you arrive at the main porte cochere, you sense it is different. The lobby is amazing and opens to the pool and Pacific Ocean.
3. Sleeping rooms are very clean, spacious and functional. A majority of the sleeping rooms have spectacular views.
4. Pool/s - the primary pool and Edge pool are spectacular.
5. Restaurants and lounges are amazing with a variety of offerings at a variety of price points. Kids would have eaten at Baskin Robbins for every meal.
6. MOST IMPORTANT - the service is spectacular. The attention to detail is spot on. "No" is not an option.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aloha and mahalo for your wonderful review of our resort. We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next family vacation. A hui hou.
hendersonville, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was my first trip to Hawaii and I must say that I was thoroughly surprised at this hotel. Looking at pictures on the web were one thing but experiencing them first hand another. I was WOWED from the first moment I pulled up until I checked out. My family and I stayed for a weeks vacation and were treated like royalty the whole stay. Everyone from the valets to front desk agents to staff in lounge on 30th floor made my family feel very welcomed. Sheraton Waikiki was excellent choice with everything you need to do on a vacation. Would definitely stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aloha and mahalo for sharing your experience and pictures with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and truly appreciate your wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. A hui hou.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Don't be fooled by the Sheraton name it is nothing on there tradition. Small rooms expensive and really just an oversized youth hostel. There are so many people and so many rooms it is just not a pleasant experience. Swimming pools are great for the kids and well located on the beach but rooms really are not the best. There are better places to stay than this so look about.

Stayed August 2014
Aloha and thank you for your feedback. We are sorry your stay did not meet your expectations and apologize if our lively atmosphere was not to your liking. Mahalo for your comments and a hui hou.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Sheraton twice now both with my wife and with my family and it has been magnificent both time I would throughly recommend staying here I'll be going back again. It's situated in the right place close to shops beaches shopping activities and much much more. The rooms are clean and the view spectacular the hotel people are curtious and polite and the service unsopassed from other places I've stayed at around the world.

• Stayed March 2014
Aloha and mahalo for your sharing your experiences with us. We are delighted you end your wife have enjoyed your stays with us and appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. A hui hou.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

First off, let me state that this hotel is the most beautiful hotel I have ever been to. Walking into the lobby is like walking into paradise.

We had a room facing Diamond Head with a balcony (with a table and two chairs). The room was on the larger side if compared to a typical hotel room, with a mini-fridge next to the bed, and a nice bathroom. (The mini-fridge kept going on and off all night, though. Bit of a bother).

For SPGs, there is a evening snack service as well as breakfast each morning. Lots of choices. Very nice spread. There are two pools. One had a slide which I would have liked to have tried, however, despite a sign stating that it was open from dawn to dusk, it seemed to close before 5. The pools closed at 6, but everyone ignores this and continues to swim well into the night. I could hear word for word what people were saying from my 12th floor room with the sliding glass door closed. I believe that Sheraton doesn't want to confront guests about leaving the pool, even late at night when they are yelling at each other becoming quite rowdy because Sheraton realizes that guests are on vacation for the most part, and probably fear that they won't return if forced to follow rules. Whatever the reason, if you are a light sleeper, expect to leave for home exhausted- and not just from the sightseeing

There is a lovely, white sandy beach at the back of the hotel. I would stay again at this hotel due to its beauty, location, and most of all, the ocean. I would bring a set of ear plugs though next time! Lesson learned.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably more quiet, as well as rooms away from the pools.
Green Features: This is not a "green" hotel. Recycling is available, but points/vouchers are not given out in lieu of maid service.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Aloha and mahalo for sharing your recent experience with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. We have shared your concerns with our management team so they can be sure to have security properly ensure peace and quite in our pool areas after hours. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here through a cheap 24 hour deal from getaroom,so obviously wasn't expecting much given that I paid half the normal price. The hotel itself was fantastic, although extremely busy which added to the atmosphere. The room was a large size with two double beds, but a bit dated. There was no view as expected, but didn't really matter as we were hardly spending any time in it. The pools were very crowded and finding a lounge chair was impossible after 11:00am. The kids pools were closed for most of one day, as it got contaminated by a "floater". Unfortunately my 13 year old daughter was unable to use the adults "over 16 pool", so we had to head to the beach all day, rather than stay poolside. Nice restaurants and grounds and very helpful staff made for a pleasant stay. All in all a lovely hotel if the price is right. I don"t think I would stay here again if i had to pay the standard $400. Having stayed at the Outrigger Reef and Outrigger Waikiki, I think these are better value as they are usually cheaper.

Room Tip: Quite a noisy hotel as quite busy,but aircon units seem to drone out the noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian holiday. A hui hou.

Been to Sheraton Waikiki? Share your experiences!