On our last stay in Dec 2013. We were misunderstood by one of the other staff about the policy at the hotel so my kids can play those small party popper on a new year day . Therefore, We had broke a small rule of the policy without acknowledge. Instead of being ask or inform not to continue to play, we were threaten to be kick out of the hotel and take away our stuffs by the one of security staff. He was so rude and impolite even when I had apology and had explained my understanding of the policy for the hotel when I checked with the other staff's I had inquiry prior. At the time I didn't want to waste my time to filed a written complains and move to another hotel during the prime season period due to we are traveling with 1 kid's and a toddler's and let this incident to ruined my 2 weeks of vacation any more than they had already done.
I believes in customer service when I am paying a premium hotel, but I am very disappointed and it has upset me to be treated like this by that security staff. Too bad I didn't get to find out his name even after I had filed a verbally complains to the hotel manager on duty. I guess the other hotel staff trying to protects their staff for wrong doing. I hope they kept the record of my complained. But I was surprise after my official complains, no follow up call, note or no apology from the security dept or that particular staff's. We absolutely love this Sheraton, we stayed here every time we are in Waikiki, due to the pool and the location. but after this experience and reading about the other reviewer about their customer service, I don't think I will ever stay there again nor will I refer anyone to this hotel.
A special thanks to one of the activities staff name Cassie, I hope I spell her name right. She is super friendly and nice. She will even go extra mile for you if you have any inquiry out of her specialty. I greatly appreciated.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Waikiki
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Waikiki Honolulu
- Sheraton Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Waikiki on Oahu's oceanfront in Hawaii has Khakara Spa, delicious restaurants, and the largest ballroom in Waikiki. We're the perfect destination for an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.