“You get what you pay for..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Waikiki to your Saves list
Sheraton Waikiki
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2255 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #42 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
“You get what you pay for..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at sheraton since we planned to spend most of our time outside the hotel, except when sleeping.

However you cant really relax after a long day since you can hear people in the next room and can even smell the food they are eating.

• Stayed July 2012

3,513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Front desk staff - very friendly. Anxious to help with directions, etc. I wasn't thrilled with our room view - overlooking a roof, and the constant "beeping" of garbage trucks during the middle of the night took some getting used to. We traveled with a group of friends - all of whom got beautiful views. Guess I should have requested a change, but we coped. Pool staff was very friendly and helpful. My biggest tip is to rent an aqua chair for $25 a day, or a cabanna for $60 a day. We rented in advance, for each day we knew we'd be poolside. Otherwise, it's tough to get a spot, unless you're out there at 6:00 a.m. Sun doesn't reach the pool deck (Infinity Pool), until around 11:30. Location is ideal!! Close walk to lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This was our third stay in this hotel. We come every other year. Although we had a great experience with first two stays in 2008 and 2010. This year we were extemely disappointed about the overall all experiences. We picked this hotel again because it has the best big pool for kids and our son loves it. Also it has the best view. This time we stayed 14 nights , we realized that rooms are getting old, there is no chest in the room we couldn't fit our clothings anyware and basically kept them in the suitcases . It Rwas like a hell. Concierge didint pay attention to cleanness . Our room was so dusty. I wanted to check the bed if there were bed bugs thank Gog there wasnot but I saw hairs under the sheet over bad cover.

Also coffee table was broken , it fell on my son's feet. I left the broken part on the side while I was going to pool..
When I came to the room it looks like it was fixed and I didint check it. My son played and it fell again. Basically cleaning lady put it on back. I went to hotel manager and he accused me why I didn't Call the management to ask to change it and why I didn't file a report. I stayed many 5 starts hotel. This is the most rude manager I ever seen!!!! By the way I talked to house  keeping manager ( Yoshiya). He was so kind and great. Asked me to let him know if we have any problem. Also the hotel was so crawded ( in March ) I felt like in a Japanise airport. Our porevious stays were in September. Overall:
Hotel is getting old . Patio furnitures were getting old and dirty covered with marks.I don't want to say that but they treat Asians much much better.
Pros: best view, great location, best pool in Waikiki. Food is tasty . Rum Fire staff were so friendly.
But I never and ever come back to this hotel again. It ruined my two weeks.
If you have small kids I would say it is good because of the pool but overall hotel it needs an update and New MANAGEMENT !!! I won't give more than 3 starts to this hotel.
I know it is a late review but I want to review everything. And I didn't have time before for a long review.

• Stayed March 2013
Estevan, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Like many of the reviews have already stated, we were one of the unlucky ones to have a slightly dated room, stained carpet, small bathroom and not very comfy bed! With that being said who spends their time in the room on vacation? The pool grounds were nice and well kept, have to get there early to get a good spot with a chair, the breakfast we had was great every morning, the staff is friendly and always willing to help out with anything, very close to the beach, if you a even lucky enough you might be able to catch a photo of the many sea turtles right near by! It is a perfect location, walking distance to many of the delicious restaurants and also the shopping is pretty decent. For our 1 week stay it was perfect!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

With views over the ocean to diamond head and a lovely room we were off to a great start. I had notified the hotel of our early morning arrival and they had arranged an early check in. Breakfast was included within the deal and was fantastic (especially the omelettes!!). I would recommend trying to get a deal with breakfast included.

The customer service is what differentiates good hotels from great hotels and the Sheraton Waikiki has great customer service. From welcome gift bags to welcome cocktails, all the little things that make you feel like your custom is appreciated. We had a problem with our bill and Doug, the Guest Relations Manager, ensured that it was taken care of. I remembered that this was the same person who last year flawlessly organised my sisters hen's night activities for me at the Sheraton. The GM leaves a welcome gift in your room, hence I remember his name, Mr Sanders, you should be congratulated on your commitment to quality and your fantastic staff like Doug!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is right on Waikiki beach. My wife and I and some friends enjoyed the beach bar and the small plate appetizers served there. The breakfast buffet looked great but we didn't indulge because the price was quite high and we don't eat very much in the morning. Instead we just got bagels at the small carryout right at the hotel. There are lots of good restaurants very close by. We particularly enjoyed the Italian restaurant just a few steps from the Sheraton. The International Market is an easy walk away, and they have some better things there now - not just all trinkets. I was disappointed that the Sheraton charged quite a bit extra for wireless internet. In this day and age wireless internet should be complementary. Overall it was a nice time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Best stay in Honolulu 4th time there first stay here but best yet even better than moanasurfrider great location, service fantastic adults only pool will definitely stay here again the service was great very helpful the cabana lounges at infinity pool was a high light the location was very central to all shops and restaurants also the transport to shopping centre was located close to hotel rum fire bar was excellent good cocktails and tapas and live entertainment

Room Tip: Would choose a room on diamond head side if not getting ocean room very central to every thing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonWaikiki, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are absolutely thrilled you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your wonderful comments. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian holiday. Thank you again and a hui hou.

Been to Sheraton Waikiki? Share your experiences!