“Perfect for us” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Waikiki to your Saves list
Sheraton Waikiki
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2255 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #40 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our first stop on our honeymoon (before heading to Maui and Las Vegas) and we really could not have asked for more. The room we had was ocean front on 26th floor – definitely worth asking for higher floor and worth the money for ocean front. The view was breathtaking, especially at Sunset. The room itself was very large and comfortable as well as clean at all times, only issue was the carpet could have done with a good deep clean, it didn’t look too fresh! The adult pool is great and always an available lounger to be found. The kids pool is good too, and has the massive advantage of having Baskin Robbins right next to it :-)

The facilities are everything we could ask for, but since we were paying a resort fee, I suppose they should be! We got the most we could out of the fee by using wifi on 2 devices, drinking all the bottled water they provide every day, using the phone a bit, getting our free photoshoot (well worth doing!) and spending our afternoons by the adults only infinity pool. We wouldn’t have paid $20+ per day for this but it’s the way things are with these resort fees now so just use what you can of it.

The hotel staff from check in, to housekeeping and everywhere else were always polite and very helpful and we were impressed. The restaurants within the hotel we only used one of, which was ‘Ingredients’ by the adult pool where you pretty much make your own lunch but it was great to have fresh salads and veggies instead of the usual heavy or greasy food, and it was nice to have our sandwich or salad exactly as we wanted it.
We spent the first couple of evenings down at the main bar Rumfire which is much hyped as the best bar in Waikiki. It’s OK I suppose, nice live music in the late afternoons, but nothing remarkable. One evening I sat for 20 minutes waiting for my husband without being served and it wasn’t that busy. I went over to the bar myself to get my own but the barman told me I could only carry one beer at a time (I wanted 2), so I said fine I will carry one at a time at which point he walked off and ignored me. I sat somewhere else and was then reprimanded by a waitress for moving to a different area! All in all, to get 2 beers, drink them, wait for the bill and pay it took over an hour. We agreed at this point we wouldn’t drink there again. There are far better bars over the road, and better beachside ones in other hotels (tip: spend an evening at the Shorebird at Outrigger)

Overall, I wish we had stayed in this hotel longer, we really did love it and felt comfortable and well taken of there. It’s in a perfection location with the beach on one side and the town on the other, you really don’t need to go very far at all for anything. Worth the high prices if you want something special and I would recommend

Room Tip: Has to be Ocean Front! And high floor is possible, as long as you're not unnerved by heights
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I stay at the Sheraton Waikiki at least twice a year and most years 3+ times. I like to relax at the infinity pool and each time without fail Cyndy (pool concierge & activities) is the nicest and most helpful person I have ever encountered at the Sheraton. Whether I'm booking an activity or just have a question she goes out of her way to make me as the guest feel like the most important person staying at the hotel. I will be honest and say it is one of the reasons I enjoy coming back. All the employees are generally helpful but she stands out above the rest without question. Hope to see you on my next visit Cyndy. Mahalo!
-Scott

• Stayed November 2012
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

From the moment I walked into the room I was disappointed with the cleanliness and it got worse as my 8 night stay went on.

I requested the hotel release me so I can stay at the Royal Hawaiian (affiliated hotel) and pay the additional nightly rate however they refused.

To name a few of the issues - blood stained downa, yellow staining to downa and bed skirt (looked like urine), bathroom unclean, waste on floor, hair (not belonging to me) on bathroom vanity, torn sheets and garbage bin not emptied for 2 days.

The housekeeping manager inspected the room and agreed that it was unacceptable so they carried out what they called a "deep clean". I also noted to the hotel that I thought the Sheraton was a luxury hotel brand only to be told that it is their family brand. That doesn't explain why this level of cleanliness is acceptable even if it is their family brand hotel.

There are 3 things the hotel does actually have going for it - location, view & adults pool.

Hawaii is a fantastic destination and we have already booked again for next year, just won’t be staying at the Sheraton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SheratonWaikiki, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Aloha and mahalo for sharing your experience with us. Our management team is aware of the situation and are working with the housekeeping team to ensure these issues do not occur in the future. We apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and welcome you to contact us directly at 377GeustExperienceTeam@Sheraton.com. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to connecting with you soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

A family holiday here in July and it was amazing. We booked a sea view suite which was fantastic as our son has his own room with separate bathroom which he was thrilled with. The food was brilliant - especially the bread and cakes available at breakfast, I couldn't get enough of that. My only gripe would be the location as we like to walk a lot and where it is situated there isn't a nice promenade or much in the vicinity that make walking a pleasure, but other than that we hope to return sooner rather than later.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Seoul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Sheraton was one of three hotels in Waikiki that we stayed at. Despite its size and the crowds, we felt the front desk service to be outstanding and personal. We were upgraded and given the room of our choice by the extremely personable front desk staff. The pool area was busy but somehow still relaxing. Some people at the adult infinity pool would place towels on lounges and leave the pool area to reserve the chair. We just pushed the towels aside and made use of empty chairs as needed. I'm sorry, but no guest is entitled to a lounge chair when they are not in the pool area. There are thousands of guests and a handful of chairs - do the math people! Location was superb, and even when staying at the Royal Hawaiian, we would come swim at the family pool here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We traveled with two children and an infant. We had a Malia suite which is a bedroom, living room, and large dressing area attached to a small bathroom. The crib was a nice roll a way, not just a pack n play and we put it in the large dressing area which had two sinks, as it is essentially a bonus room. We were on the 19th floor with a view that impressed! We found beach access to be easy and a nice part of the beach. Kids loved the pool and the "fun crew" who entertain kids at the pool. Wi-fi was a bit annoying as you had to keep logging in each time you accessed it. The bath/toilet room were small and dated and had no fan which is strange since there's no window; really needs a fan. Housekeeping was efficient. Front desk seemed irritated that we called a couple of times for new crib sheets. Our baby was ill; we didn't like to feel as though we were putting anyone out but we did need clean sheets for her.

Highly recommend the Club lounge rate. Food was very good, service friendly, and it is very convenient. Children were treated well. It's a good value.

Stayed November 2012
Pearl City, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Sheraton Waikiki is in the middle of the action in Waikiki and a beautifully renovated venue for visitors and locals. The swimming pool is a centerpiece and a wonderful playground for adults and kids. The rooms are roomy and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Waikiki? Share your experiences!