Our first stop on our honeymoon (before heading to Maui and Las Vegas) and we really could not have asked for more. The room we had was ocean front on 26th floor – definitely worth asking for higher floor and worth the money for ocean front. The view was breathtaking, especially at Sunset. The room itself was very large and comfortable as well as clean at all times, only issue was the carpet could have done with a good deep clean, it didn’t look too fresh! The adult pool is great and always an available lounger to be found. The kids pool is good too, and has the massive advantage of having Baskin Robbins right next to it :-)
The facilities are everything we could ask for, but since we were paying a resort fee, I suppose they should be! We got the most we could out of the fee by using wifi on 2 devices, drinking all the bottled water they provide every day, using the phone a bit, getting our free photoshoot (well worth doing!) and spending our afternoons by the adults only infinity pool. We wouldn’t have paid $20+ per day for this but it’s the way things are with these resort fees now so just use what you can of it.
The hotel staff from check in, to housekeeping and everywhere else were always polite and very helpful and we were impressed. The restaurants within the hotel we only used one of, which was ‘Ingredients’ by the adult pool where you pretty much make your own lunch but it was great to have fresh salads and veggies instead of the usual heavy or greasy food, and it was nice to have our sandwich or salad exactly as we wanted it.
We spent the first couple of evenings down at the main bar Rumfire which is much hyped as the best bar in Waikiki. It’s OK I suppose, nice live music in the late afternoons, but nothing remarkable. One evening I sat for 20 minutes waiting for my husband without being served and it wasn’t that busy. I went over to the bar myself to get my own but the barman told me I could only carry one beer at a time (I wanted 2), so I said fine I will carry one at a time at which point he walked off and ignored me. I sat somewhere else and was then reprimanded by a waitress for moving to a different area! All in all, to get 2 beers, drink them, wait for the bill and pay it took over an hour. We agreed at this point we wouldn’t drink there again. There are far better bars over the road, and better beachside ones in other hotels (tip: spend an evening at the Shorebird at Outrigger)
Overall, I wish we had stayed in this hotel longer, we really did love it and felt comfortable and well taken of there. It’s in a perfection location with the beach on one side and the town on the other, you really don’t need to go very far at all for anything. Worth the high prices if you want something special and I would recommend
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Waikiki
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Waikiki Honolulu
- Sheraton Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Waikiki on Oahu's oceanfront in Hawaii has Khakara Spa, delicious restaurants, and the largest ballroom in Waikiki. We're the perfect destination for an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.