I booked an Ocean Front room for two nights at the Sheraton Waikiki. The actual hotel is huge and holds several shops and dining options within the resort. There's also their famous infinity pool, which is gorgeous, and another pool equally amazing. It's located pretty much right by the ocean and thus provides easy access to the beach on one side, and on the other, it goes right into the Royal Hawaiian Center and all the other options on Kalakaua Ave.
The most spectacular feature of the room is of course the view. It IS an ocean front hotel, so you get amazing ocean views from your balcony. You can't see much of the beach, though, but mainly the hotel's infinity pool if you look down. For a full unobstructed view of Waikiki beach and Diamond Head, I suppose you have to upgrade to a better room. The fairly oddly-shaped configuration of the hotel wouldn't allow many rooms with such a wide view.
The room itself was quite spacious and had most of the amenities you could expect from a Sheraton. The room also felt a bit dated and worn out though, and it feels like it could benefit from a major renovation. There were also some stains on the bed and sheets, and while the place was clean for the most part, it was not perfect by any means. For the price you pay, the standard ought to be raised a bit.
The quality of the TV signal was very poor (not HD) and not that many channels were available. In fact, the TV signal went out a lot and sometimes didn't come back for 20 minutes or more (I'm guessing this was mostly due to the poor weather conditions and is probably not a frequent occurrence).
I didn't use the pools or the on-site restaurants but both seemed quite cool.
One major downside is that the hotel charges you an outrageous $25 resort fee - per night! Considering it's already a fairly expensive hotel, I don't think it is appropriate with such a high, mandatory additional fee. I also found it a nuisance that you had to check out by 11 instead of noon which is standard in most places.
I enjoyed the view, but would probably choose a different hotel the next time. It didn't help that the weather was terrible for the duration of my stay. Certainly not the hotel's fault but better weather would probably have increased my enjoyment of the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Waikiki on Oahu's oceanfront in Hawaii has Khakara Spa, delicious restaurants, and the largest ballroom in Waikiki. We're the perfect destination for an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Waikiki
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Waikiki Honolulu
- Sheraton Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu