My wife and I stayed at this hotel for seven nights from 11th-18th June 2009 and overall we have no complaints whatsoever about it.
Our stay was the third and final leg of a three centre holiday ( following San Francisco and Las Vegas) and we actually are not aware of what we exactly paid as the cost would be included within the full holiday package price.
Therefore I cannot speak with regards to value for money but only as to how we found this hotel.
Having read and contributed to Tripadviser for some years now, I am now convinced that the UK traveller and the US traveller apply a different set of standards to their hotel.
The Sheraton PK is in line with British standards a very good 3 star hotel if not a 4 star hotel.
Our room was very good. It was light; adequately furnished and had a huge bed that was so so comfortable. An absolute delight to sleep in!
The flat screen TV ( hardly used as no BBC world news channel); the tea/coffee making facilitieds and the bathroom provison were all aceptable.
Our balcony had a partial ocean view and looked down onto the International market. It was good to watch the sunset from the balcony; with a view of the ocean and listening to the sounds of the entertainers below whilst enjoying a cold beer or glass of wine that you have kept chilled in the room fridge.
We did not hear our neighbours at all during the stay and simply cannot underatand the other reports of this being a problem.
The location of the hotel is excellent. The beach is a short stroll away- only a few minutesk; acess to all the shops and resturants all within easy reach; and the ABC store on the doorstep for the aforementioned beer & wine.
The hotel lobby is comfortable with a number of activities taking place each day which contributed to the Hawaiin feel of the hotel. The availabliity of hotel towels was very good as these could also be taken to the beach with no limit on the number.The pool area was fine although I did not swim in the pool during our stay.
We also did not eat in the hotel at any time as we felt the cost was over priced and we found nearby places to eat offered far better value for money.
There may be better hotels - such as those on the ocean beach front - but I am certain that you will pay a far higher price for your stay.
I would have no problems recommending the Sharaton PK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is near Waikiki Beach and downtown Honolulu. Our hotel has Creation, a dinner show; cultural activities; and 11,500 sq ft of event space for weddings or meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Princess Kaiulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Princess Kaiulani
- Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hawaii/Honolulu