We have stayed at this hotel 4 times now, and on each occasion have stayed in a different room category. On this occasion we took our children for their first trip to Hawaii. We received a room overlooking the pool and partial ocean with 2 double beds. There were 4 of us in the room, and we also had a rollaway as our children do not like to share a double bed, sorry I have no room photos to add, as the children are in them all.. The room was very small by the time the rollaway was added, but we made the best of it and actually had a fun time. (Why can't hotels have a king and 2 singles as a Family room or as a standard room???? ) Anyway, YES this hotel is showing its age, YES it needs updating, but if you are looking for a central location and wonderful service, this hotel is a good choice. The parking is included in the resort fee, so that also makes it a convenient choice. We hired a car from across the road in the foyer of the Hyatt Regency, and we did our grocery shopping at the Food Pantry on Kuhio, 1 street behind the hotel. The beach is just a short stroll across the road. The pool is nice and deep and offers plenty of beach chairs around it. The laundry is in the basement and it was handy to do a load of washing, they have change machines located in the laundry room. We had no complaints about any of the services (housekeeping, front desk, room service). On this visit we stayed 4 nights at this Sheraton and then checked into the Sheraton Waikiki for the next week. See my other review for the Sheraton Waikiki. We wanted our children (aged 10 & 14) to enjoy both Sheraton properties.
I did visit the hotel next door to do a comparison (Holiday Inn Beachcomber) and did note the rooms are a bit larger and more renovated. The pool at the Beachcomber however is smaller and not as nice as the Sheraton. If it came down to price, these two hotels would be on my list.
We look forward to returning to The Princess Kaiulani in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Princess
- Sheraton Hotel Princess Kaiulani
- Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is near Waikiki Beach and downtown Honolulu. Our hotel has Creation, a dinner show; cultural activities; and 11,500 sq ft of event space for weddings or meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Starwood, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Sheraton Princess Kaiulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.