“Good Affordable Hotel at the Heart of Wakiki.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

You added Sheraton Princess Kaiulani to your Saves list
Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   120 Kaiulani Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #63 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Affordable Hotel at the Heart of Wakiki.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was on a work/leisure trip and stay for three nights. This hotel is in the heart of Wakiki and only a minutes walk to the beach! The concierge was efficient and polite as I dropped off my bags at the lobby. Parking is round the back and its free with the resort package. The check-in queue was long but the staff was there to give out pineapples to taste - great for getting the holiday mood. There was also a ukulele class conducted which provided some entertainment.

My rooms was a pool facing room (6th floor) which had some view of the beach and the sea. Good point is that the nightly entertainment stops around 10pm. Once the glass doors were closed, it essentially blocks out all the street noise. Amenities are decent for the price of the place. Beds and linen are clean and very comfortable. The bathroom is a good size too. The resort package also includes free wifi and use of deck chairs/ towels which can be brought to the beach.

As mentioned earlier, this is a great location. The beach and shopping belt are at the doorstep. Did I mention that the cheesecake factory is just a two minute walk?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Aloha ackteo and thank you for your amazing review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our Pineapple Carving demonstration by our Executive Chef Ralf Bauer. Many of our guests love tasting a golden Hawaiian pineapple while staying with us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and we hope to see you again soon. Mahalo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Korean first
Banff National Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Ahhhh...the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani...as soon as we arrived to our second stay at this hotel in Oahu we said "it is so nice to be HOME again". Thank you to our Princess Ohana (family). The staff are amazing and really made our trip. A lot of familiar faces from our first trip 4 years ago made our stay in June 2012 even more endearing. A special thank you to Randi Okuhara for taking the time to address all the concerns we had from some trip advisor postings. She put any doubts we had out to rest and went out of her way to personally look after our accommodations. We were greeted with a wonderful hotel upgrade and woke to a breath-taking view from our lanai of diamond head and waikiki beach each morning. Pure paradise. This extra touch made our trip even more amazing. The staff at the Pikake Lounge made our hotel feel like "home away from home". Special thanks to dear people like Niolani, Debbie and many more for their attention to detail, kind words and genuine interest in our adventures. Kudos to Marsha and Tommy at the travel desk in the hotel...they deserve an A++ for their customer service and kindness. They took so much time to help us plan some wonderful and magical trips! They also helped to make not only trip 1, but trip 2 spectacular as well. We came to Oahu as strangers the first time and left as part of the Princess Ohana. The second trip was even more special than the first and I'm so glad we decided to come back to this hotel and meet up with so many familiar faces and friends. To any nay-sayers and people with above average expectations on below average pocket books...I felt that I had good value for my money and experience in Hawaii. You couldn't ask for a better location or view. I'd go back any day. Mahalo!

Room Tip: Rooms with partial ocean view towards diamond head (higher up) or towards the international market p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mahalo nui loa Lori M for your very thoughtful review. It was a pleasure connecting with you online and am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us. Our main goal is to ensure our guests have a memorable experience and I’m so happy that we were able to do that for you. We could not be happier with all your gracious feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel. Aloha Lori!
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I extended a recent business trip to Honolulu with one night at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani in Waikiki. This hotel is in an EXCELLENT location with superior views and immediate access to shopping and dining in town.

The staff is amazing here and I really enjoyed the pool area. I signed up for their 'club' and received a coupon for a free maitai at the pool bar, which was delicious. They had live entertainment in the pool area that was fun.

The GOOD about the room- the VIEW. The lanai is HUGE and we had a gorgeous view of the beach and pool area. So beautiful! Pay the extra charge for a view here- completely worth it.
The bed was comfortable and the room included a mini fridge and microwave.

The not so good: a TINY BATHROOM and the room and hallways of this hotel are seriously outdated. Well maintained, but old. This hotel would get five stars from me with a little decor updates.

The resort fee includes use of pool chairs and towels you can check out and take to the beach. They also deliver water and fresh fruit TO THE BEACH for hotel guests. WOW...
MOST IMPRESSED was using the 'hospitality suite'. We had to check out HOURS before our flight left, so spent the day on the beach. They allowed us to use a room for an hour to shower and get ready for our flight before our shuttle arrived. What amazing service! Thank you Sheraton!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Aloha FanofFlorida and thank you taking the time to share the details of your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our excellent location, which many of our guests find so convenient. We appreciate your feedback on the areas that we can improve on. I have shared this with our management team. I’m glad you enjoyed our Big Kahuna Beach Services on Waikiki Beach. We hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel soon. Mahalo nui loa!
Hilo, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

When our regular Waikiki Hotel was booked out recently, we networked some friends and got the local Kamaaina Rate at the PK...I had some misgivings as it is DEAD CENTER in Waikiki and Waikiki lately is BUSY.. Our room faced the pool area which had nightely entertainment but it is cut off at exactly 10:00pm at which point good glass and A/C cut off the sounds of late night Waikiki. The resort package includes parking which with some free drinks is a deal and the clue is to explore how the HIGHEST parking decks lead in to elevators in the buildings making getting in and out a snap. Some reviewers rag on about the quality of the rooms but as a world traveler I would say that it is price appropriate with Location, Location and Location...your not paying Four Seasons prices so get real. In the side lobby is a large area with many free computers that in some ingenious way is linked in to your name and room number as a password....and WIFI of course. 3G on AT&T in the area is blazing...ALL the sights and sounds of Waikiki are within a few blocks with the Red Velvet at Cheesecake factory my ladies favorite.....and of course for the sunburn set the beach is a half block..enjoy.

Room Tip: The fact is you are in Waikiki so revelery is par for the course, we faced East across the pool from...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Mahalo arno1 for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us and our centralized location and great value. Our nightly Hawaiian entertainment is very popular with our guests and I’m happy that you enjoyed it as well. We hope to welcome you back soon and thank you again for your wonderful comments. Aloha.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Wrapping up my stay today. Excellent service, kind staff, and great rooms! I originally ordered a double bed room, but they were all out. The man at the front desk, Bobby, kindly offered a complimentary bed sent up to my room. Everything was luxurious, and the only thing I would like is wifi in every room (they only have a cable in theroom, so bring your laptop. Wireless offered in lobby lounge). All rooms come with a balcony with a magnificent view.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aloha Mike L and thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback! Your gracious comments have been shared with our team and Bobby will be recognized for his great customer service. We appreciate your suggestions and hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel soon. Mahalo!
waikiki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

For the first time, it's a amasing place to choice for 6 days. I like the lobby area with orchids. I have a great time in Waikiki place. If you need some information you can ask the concierge or activies desk "his french language is very good and he also a nice man. Location, price and staff, everything is perfect, doesn't matter if it's little old or the swimming pool is small for more than 200 guests. I met Ms tehani TAMA she's working at the Splash Bar and Bento and she recognice us tahitians guests. It's very important for me and my husband, it makes us better. I will choice again this hotel for my next vacation with our son and his cousin.

Room Tip: Elevator go very fast because we are on the 6th floor. Waouh. We do not need to call someone for Ic...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha hktaterai and thank you for your most recent review on the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel. We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our friendly staff was able to make your vacation a perfect one. We hope to see you back soon. Mahalo!
Newport Coast, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Booked a room a few months back. Called the night before we were suppose to check in to make sure my buddy and I got a room with 2 beds - He is a SPG Gold Member and I am an AMEX SPG Card Holder. We arrived at the hotel to a very loud, disorganized, dirty swimming pool. Proceeded to the front desk where we were told there's no room in the whole hotel with 2 beds. We cancelled the reservation and needed to find a room last miuute in Waikiki and of course paid a premium due to the last minute reservation. The lobby was so old and dated, I couldn't believe how bad behind the front desk looked. so cluttered, folders and binders everywhere. The front desk agent barely spoke English.. Japanese. Even had the room of been available we wouldn't of stayed here this place looked awful. There's no way this a category 5 hotel the Westin Moana Surfrider and the Sheraton Waikiki are both Starwood category 5 properties and are exponenitally nicer then this dump, way more modern, nice grounds, way better location. Do not stay here. This is one of the worst hotels in Waikiki, not surprised their rating on this site is so bad.

Room Tip: Dont Stay Here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Socalac83 for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear of your experience and apologize for any inconvenience. We thank you for your loyalty as a SPG member and I have shared your concerns with our management team. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Sheraton Princess Kaiulani? Share your experiences!