We have been to Honolulu numerous times. First time at Moana. I debated the size of the rooms, but ended up booking the Diamond Wing Ocean Front Rooms. Not huge but more than big enough. The rooms are recently renovated and well done.
The hotel itself is beautiful. I like it more than the Royal Hawaiian, the Kahala, maybe even the Halekalani. It was just the right size. The staff at check-in were great. I loved the amount of entertainment they had. Piano Players were great, and the live music at the beach bar area was very nice. Now, about the Beach Bar food. Average would be an overstatement. The food is poor. The beach bar at the Royal Hawaiian is similar. Why do they need to have such bad food here.
While I did not like that charges for umbrellas were now the norm, in retrospect, I like it. It made it more fair, rather than people just "saving areas" and never using them. If you pay, you likely show up.
Did not do the other restaurants at the hotel, so can't comment there. Too many great places to go outside hotel (Alan Wong's still one of my favorite places in the world. Went to the original Side Street Inn after recommendation . Totally Hawaiian, totally delicious, and quite a value. And a fraction of the price of Alan Wong's).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Priceline, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu