We are a family of 4 which includes 2 teenage children (17 & 14) and stayed 7 days mid December.
Check-in was smooth & very easy. We had a room on the 13th floor which had 2 double beds, desk, safe, bar fridge - all the usual items.
Air conditioning was very efficient; actually too good as the room could get very cold if you let it run too much. The hotel is right on the main boulevard of Waikiki and everything is outside the front door and the beach is outside the back door.
Bathroom was OK with a shower over bath, but the bathroom didn't have an exhaust fan. The bar fridge was empty which suited us and the cleaning staff did a great job cleaning up after us. The hotel is great, there is a really nice eating area which backs onto the beach, perfect for a late afternoon drink and watching the sunset. Pool area is a little small but then there is the beach right next to you. Great gym area which overlooks the main boulevard.
We found it very easy to get to all the major sites via taxi, shuttle bus or trolley car; most are just outside the front door.
Diamond Head Crater National Park is a short walk away and well worth the effort to the look out at the top; the view from the top was stunning.
For the all important coffee hit, there was no need to travel further than right next door; The Honolulu Coffee Co. makes some of the best espresso's in Honolulu. They are open from early in the morning to late in the evening. They make a mean breakfast muesli, croissants and other pastries as well, highly recommended.
After a hard day sight seeing or shopping, a great way to unwind is to sit on the large lounge chairs on the front porch of the hotel with a drink in hand watching the world go by.
Yes would definetly recommend the Moana Surfrider and would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, BookIt.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu