We chose this hotel based on Trip-Advisor review. Absolutely loved it!! You stepped off the hotel and land on the beach. The hotel is oldest hotel at Waikiki but it was beautifully kept up. Loved the rocky chairs at the main entrance with pleasant wind from ocean to the front. You can just sit there and watch the crowd from Waikiki's Kalakaua Ave. At night there a lots of performers on the street across the hotel with "fun" noises.. :)
We had the ocean view room. The bed was soooo comfy. The bath room has a little "sour" smell when you first walk in. I think it is the curtain shower. The hotel should replace new one often to get rid of the smell. The hall way on the fifth floor has some mark on the wall that should be clean off to match the immaculate image of the lobby but.. This is the reason I didn't give the hotel all five star.
Breakfast is so awesome. Lots of fresh fruit and variety of dishes.. They have one of the best of Miso soup that I have tasted so far :).
We love the beautiful Banyan tree planted in 1904 in the back of the hotel. It is protected by the government, the have to have permit to trim it.
There are lots of wedding in this hotel. We saw at least six Japanese weddings taking picture in the lobby and at the Banyan tree. :)
BTW, when you walk out of the front of the hotel, you turn left and get on the second floor of the mall (don't know the name) there is a Korean BBQ (name: Yummy) at this mall's food court. They serve one of the best Korean BBQ dishes with decent prices !!!
We will definitely come back to this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Priceline, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu