This is a beautiful property, but not worth the price. I will caution you and say that we didn’t have a great experience with customer service, which may taint my view of the hotel. The location is great – it’s right in the middle of Waikiki beach – but other than that, there was really nothing special or outstanding about this property. The service was less than welcoming. When we checked in, the people at the front desk weren’t helpful or friendly, which was very disappointing and unexpected, as we had wonderful service at another Starwood hotel in the area. Another issue was that our room had been moved to a city view one of the lower floors, so we pretty much just had a direct view of the hotel next door, not ideal. The room was on the small side, so if you’re staying for an extended time, just be aware. However, it had a nice size bathroom.
I did like the direct access to the beach from the hotel, you have to walk through the outdoor bar/restaurant patio, but that’s not a big deal.
There are some great reviews of this hotel, but I wouldn’t recommend it. I will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Otel, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu