We visited the Moana Surfrider in September 2012 after a few days in San Francisco. I was looking forward to escaping the hustle and bustle of the magic city!
When we arrived at Honolulu airport and even the shuttle bus driver told us that Moana was his favourite hotel on the island and that we would have an amazing time.
We checked in really easily. We had emailed the hotel well in advance to request a Banyan section room and we had also paid for a sea view (well worth the extra cost). Our room was quite small but we really didnt spend too much time in it. But it was really cosy and faced the beach.
The ocean was so gorgeous and blue, we woke up to this every morning :) In the evenings you would hear the hawaiian music next to the Banyan Tree, it really set the scene.
We booked a few trips with the hotel. Our favourite was the Polynesian Culture Centre. Sounds boring but omg, it was brilliant. Laughed so much, learnt loads and just had a fantastic time. Another trip we went on was Pearl Harbour, it was good but nowhere near as good as the culture centre.
The location is fantastic if you like being in the centre of what is going on. It was kind of the best of both worlds really. A gorgeous beach on one side and the other a busy shopping street with places to eat etc. There are so many lovely shops to buy little gorgeous pieces, not like the usual rubbish you get in Spain.
I think something to just be aware of is there is a selection of places to eat but for the Brits, I think it is fair to say most places are very American. Lots of American food on offer and the portion sizes are humongous. My partner and I had a starter each and shared a main and I was stuffed, this was in Jimmy Buffets. I think we just expected to have a more diverse range of foods than what was on offer. And Brits, dont get too over dressed. I made that mistake, they dress quite casual when eating out.
On our second last night, my partner proposed to me right in front of the hotel in the evening along the beach. It was so romantic and I was over the moon. I really hope to return one day in the future on an anniversary. It was the most perfect holiday ever. Thanks Moana!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu